Chapter 10

Taehyung's POV

We spent most of the night talking to each other. No secrets told, just talking. Just me and her, in the bed......yes, in the bed.

We talked about simple things. What she likes and dislikes, our hobbies, our weirdest dreams, funny stories, disgusting things we found.

She once found a cockroach in her drink.

I wanted her to get her mind off what was scaring her so much. I also wanted to listen to what she wanted to say rather than talk about myself.

She seemed so genuinely scared and I felt bad because I was part of the reason she was forced to watch something she doesn't like.

But once she started talking about something else, she seemed to feel better. Not just with that scary movie, but also with me being so close to her. I felt relieved when I notice her (sort of) hugging me back instead of kicking me out of her bed and calling me a "pervert".

Being this close and comfortable with someone really gave my heart a reward.

Her head was resting on my sweater as she talked. It was like she was hiding in my arms and it was honestly.......really adorable. She looked so small as she buried herself in my warmth and the blankets. I couldn't stop staring at her in such deep thought.

I just want her to know that I'm a good person. That me being a rude guy was just a misunderstanding.

I still can't believe I snapped at her like that. That was really rude of me.

Do I like her?

What? No! Of course not, we just met!

Why would I-

How can I-

She's not-

I'm not-

Ok, yeah, I do.

Was it obvious?

No?

"Taehyung?" She whispers.

"H-Hm?"

"You don't have to stay here...with me. If you want to go back down to your own little bed, it's fine."

Her voice was as soft as the blankets that were on us. It felt like she forced herself to say that just to be polite. She can't read my mind, she doesn't know that I'm not hating how close we were.

Her voice said something, but her body didn't move an inch. She was still cuddled close to me and I know she's comfortable.

I was too.

"I can stay. Fo-For the warmth." I whispered back, snuggling deeper into the bed, meeting her face as I do so. "I-If that's alright."

"Oh, no, no, it's fine. It's best if we stay warm, so we don't get sick, you know?" She replies, quietly giggling.

I laughed with her and my heart ached.

This was nice.

•••••

Rose's POV

"Let's wake her up?"

"No, she looks exhausted. She probably didn't sleep because of the movie."

"That's your fault. What kind of a friend are you?"

"A good one, Jimin! I got her out of her comfort zone. Who are you to tell me if I'm a good friend or not? You didn't know we existed until yesterday, so back up."