Chapter 57

Taehyung's POV

I'm embarrassed.

No wait.

I'M BEYOND embarrassed!

My hormones are in war right now and I need to control myself. Especially around Rose.

But what she did at dinner....IT WAS HER FAULT! I AM A MAN! I AM ONLY HUMAN!

I can see Rose looking at me with concern. I can see her nervously playing with my jacket.

That jacket almost ended my life, but saved my life at the same time.

I wanted to say something to her. I want to apologize to her, but I felt so embarrassed.

"Tae?" Her calm voice causes me to look at her. "Let's not ruin this night."

"I've already ruined it." I mumble quietly as I cover my face with a blanket.

I've never felt so hot and embarrassed like this before. I'm Taehyung, I usually don't care about my image, but now, I wish I could disappear into thin air.

"Awhh, Taehyungie." She scoots closer and hugs me. "You don't have to be embarrassed. There's nothing to be ashamed about. You were just being a gentlemen."

My eyes widened.

"What's wrong now?" She asks and tries to pull the blanket off of me. "Come on. Let me see your face."

"No..." I whined.

"Taehyung, it's ok." She places her hand on my cheek. "Look at me. Babe, look at me."

I slowly met her gaze. "Rose, let's go-"

She leans in slowly, but I didn't move away. I let her kiss me.

We've kissed each other before. It's me kissing her most of the time, but I really do love it when she kisses ME.

I cup her face and deepen the kiss, but she grabs both of my hands and pushes them away.

I pout. "Why?"

"We have school tomorrow. Let's wait for the weekend." She whispers in my ear.

My eyes widen and I start moving around nervously.

Calm down, Tae.

Calm down...

SHE'S GOTTA STOP!

She giggles a little after seeing my reaction.

"You're so cute!" She yells and helps me up. "So, what's for dessert?"

-----

We eat the Cookies N Cream ice cream together in the cold.

I laugh out loud when Rose gets a brain freeze. I wrap my arms around her and kiss her head.

She presses against me and hides herself under my jacket to stay warm.

I watched her with a warm smile on my face.

Isn't she cute?

She makes me feel happy even when I'm really not.

Rose's POV

It's after dinner now and Taehyung and I already forgot about the awkwardness between us earlier.

I don't even know why he's being so hard on himself. He was being a nice gentlemen, covering my bare legs with his jacket.

"Should I drive you home?" Taehyung asks while pecking my cheek.