Chapter 30

Rose's POV

I turn around, ready to start using some defensive moves I learned on a Youtube video.

"Get awa- Taehyung?"

I see Taehyung's cold breath blowing into the air and my arms lowered.

His face was pale and we was only wearing that thin long sleeve. He was cold. He was tired. He wasn't happy. I could tell just by looking at his face and hearing his hurried panting.

"Taehyung!" I shouted. "Why are you-"

"Rose, why are you out here in the dark with only a sweater on. You're going to get a cold." Taehyung struggles to say as he held up a jacket.

I place my hands on his arms to stop him. "You're not taking off your jacket. I'm fine."

"No, you're shivering."

"You are too."

"I'm a man, remember?" He gives me a warm smile. "I shall protect my lady."

My face softens.

I let out a weak sigh and slowly wrapped my shaking arms around his shoulders.

He hugs back instantly.

Taehyung wraps his jacket around my small body and tries to warm me up.

I look up at him. "Thank you, Taehyung."

"Are you crying?" He asks, his voice trembling.

I shake my head and wiped my moist eyes. "I'm not," I clear my throat. "I'm just really cold."

"Do you feel sick?"

"N-No...I feel- Never mind."

Taehyung gently pulls me off and looks at my face. "No, no, tell me, Rose. Please, tell me."

I sniffed. "I just felt so embarrassed because of how...you rejected me in front of your mom. I thought you were ashamed of me being your girlfriend."

Taehyung frowns. "Oh, Rose. I'm so sorry. I didn't realize how impulsive I was with my choice of words. I...I-"

"It's fine now, I guess."

Taehyung leans in to kiss me, but I lean back and placed a finger on his warm lips.

"It's been a month and half of us being together, Taehyung. You didn't tell your parents about me yet?"

"H-Hmm?"

I drop my arms from his neck. "About us? Us dating, Taehyung? You didn't tell your parents, did you?"

He looks down at the ground.

"Taehyung, look at me and tell me the truth." I say in a very stern voice. "Please explain to me this."

He looks back at me. I could see in his eyes that he had something to hide and nothing to give.

My insides tensed.

"Are you embarrassed of me?" My voice cracks.

I have a feeling of doubt build up inside me, thinking Taehyung wouldn't feel that way about our relationship.

But his face told me otherwise.

"O-Of course not." He bit his bottom lip.

"Are you lying?"

"N-No."

"Then, why can't you tell your parents about us dating? Why can't you tell your parents about me? Taehyung, I'm trying go understand you, but the way you're talking, if seems lile you don't want your parents to know."

There was a pause.

This was no peaceful silence.

This was the most stressful silence ever.

"I-I..." He opened his mouth, but nothing came out.

"What? Taehyung, please just tell me. Please don't lie to me again."

"I-I don't want my parents to know. I just don't, Rose."

"Why not?"

"Why does it matter?" He snaps, causing me to back up.

"Taehyung-"

"Rose, just understand that you are not my top priority right now and that I have much more important things to do than to worry about you! I don't want my parents to know about us dating! Just understand that, Rose! Stop being so annoying about it! You're stressing me out! You're being such a..."

My lips shivered.

I see Taehyung standing in front of me with his mouth opened in shock and his eyes were widened too.

"Fine.....FINE, Taehyung! If I'm stressing you out, then I'll leave! If I'm being so annoying, I'll just leave! You don't have to worry about me anymore." I cried.

I push him away from me and turned the other way.

I was furious.

And hurt.

"Rose, hear me out!" His voice begs.

"You think I can?!" I snap, causing Taehyung to flinch. "I'm not important to you and you don't want your parents to know about me. Let me just leave then. If it'll just make this all go away, then I'll go."

Taehyung looks at me with such a shocked face.

"How would you feel if someone you....loved told you off like this? Not good, I'm sure."

"Rose-"

"Look at me, Taehyung!" I point to my face. "Does it look like you did nothing to hurt me? Do I look ok to you?!"

And with that, I'm done.

I'm not even going to wait for an answer.

I ran away.

I ran with no regret in my every step.

I didn't dare to look back. I felt like I was ran over and stabbed in the damn heart.

I finally make it back to the house and I could already hear calm talking, followed by laughs coming from the inside.

I walk to the side of the house and wrap myself in my own arms.

This feeling hurts too damn much. I didn't want to talk or interact with anybody.

I'll just let the cold numb my body, so I wouldn't be able to feel anything.