Chapter 47

Rose's POV

I was shaking so much that the soup kept spilling off the spoon.

Smooth, Rose, very smooth.

"Heh, so-sorry." I gulped and tried again with the soup. "Soup's pretty slippery, ya know."

Taehyung laughs. "Looks like it."

I try to feed him again, but failed.

"Hey, Rose? Is there a problem?" Taehyung asks.

I shake my head. "No, nothing's wrong. I'm just...."

He reached for my hand and holds my wrist up. "You don't have to feed me. I can do it myself."

"But you're sick...."

"Not to the point where I can't move." He smiles sweetly.

I sigh and drop my arms. "I'm sorry, Taehyung. I don't know why I'm struggling so much with soup. I'm sorry. I'll be right back."

"Rose?" Taehyung calls my name as I ran out of the room.

I quietly shut the bathroom door behind me and I take out my phone to call Lilia.

"Lilia? Lilia? Hello?" I whispered.

"Rose? What's wrong?"

"I am such a bad girlfriend!" I whisper yell. "Taehyung is sick and here I am, worrying about my comfort zone."

"What the hell are you talking about?"

"He asked me to feed him soup. It doesn't seem that hard, but I got really nervous inside and I kept overthinking."

"Overthi- It's soup, you door, how do you worry about soup!"

"Like, what if I drop it on him and burn him...or if I choke him accidentally! It's not the soup that's bothering me...it's feeding him. I think I have a problem with feeding people."

"Girl, listen to me. You won't choke him and you won't burn him. This DOESN'T make you a bad girlfriend and it's ok if you're uncomfortable with this. Just tell him. But...you have to tell me first, what's your deal with feeding people?"

"LILIA!"

"Ok, ok, fine, don't tell me...yet."

"I just don't want to be uncomfortable with this, you know? Taehyung needed help and my dumbass was too afraid to.  I am a door."

"Rose....just don't."

I furrow my brow. "Huh?"

"Look, Rose, you need to have more confidence in yourself. You are sacrificing your time to take care of him. That's already really sweet. Just because you can't feed him soup, that doesn't mean you're a bad girlfriend. It does add to the list of weird things about you. But do you want to know what's making you a bad girlfriend?"

"What?"

"You're in here calling your best friend when your sick boyfriend is out there probably hacking up a lung."

I gasp. "You're right. I'm sorry. Thank you, Lilia. Bye."

"Bye."

I hang up and ran out of the bathroom.

What if he did hack up a lung!?

I can't deal with blood!

Fortunately, Taehyung was peacefully sleeping on the couch...no signs of organs anywhere. The soup I made for him was gone, but the empty bowl.

I let out a sigh of relief and turned off the TV.

Am I on my period?

Because I'm OVARY-acting.

I quietly walk to Taehyung and kneeled down by his side. I feel his head with the back of my hand.

"You're warm. I think you're getting better." I gently place a kiss on his forehead, then on his cheek, nose, and on his forehead again. "I'm sorry, Taehyung. I'll try my best to make you feel better when you wake up, but now, take as much time you need to rest."

One of his eyes open, causing me to jump back, but he grabs my hand. "You being here is enough for me to get better, you know that, babe?"

A smile forms on my face.

"Then I'll never leave your side."

Taehyung's POV

I was woken up by the sound of a shower. I yawn before sitting up and rubbing my eyes.

The soup is the first thing I see. Awh, when Rose got shy around me and went to go call Lilia. She's so cute.

I guess I fell asleep after eating the soup. I look at my phone and see it was 6pm. Wow, what a nap, but I feel so much better now that I napped.

When in doubt, nap.

I kick off the mountain of blankets and stood up. The cold air hits me like a train and I jump back onto the couch. I let out a small cry as I bundle myself up again with the blankets.

Damn you, spring chill!

"Taehyungie? You're awake?" I hear Rose ask from the hallway.

"Yes, I'm awake. Come out here, babe!" I yell back.

Moments later, I hear small footsteps. Rose appears in front of me with only a white towel on.

"I hope you don't mind, but I took a shower while you were asleep." She says, slightly hiding from behind a wall.

I smile. "I don't mind, Rose."

"U-Uh, I didn't bring an extra set of clothes." Her face turns a bright pink and she looks away. "I-I know it was stupid to take a shower when I knew I didn't have clothes, but I got bored and a warm shower sounded super nice then-"

I chuckled. "Don't be shy with me, beautiful. You can wear one of my sweaters."

"Thank you so much."

I stood up and led her to my room. She kept her distance behind me and told me not to turn around multiple times.

"Here, you'll be warm in this." I hand her one of my soft knitted sweaters.

The one she loves.

She catches it with one hand and rushes to the bathroom.

I sit on the bed, facing the bathroom, and waited for her.

Rose's POV

OH SWEET PRINCESS JIN! HIS SWEATER IS LIKE A CLOUD ON MY BODY!

I feel like a plane going through the clouds! This is comfortable, like REALLY!

Why are men's clothing way more comfortable than women's?

"Come out, baby, I wanna see how you look." Taehyung shouts from the other side of the door.

I blushed. "It's nothing much, but ok."

I put my hair in a messy bun and looked at myself in the mirror. I gasped. "Taehyung! My legs are cold!"

"Oh yeah, hehe." I hear him giggle and I groan.

"This isn't funny."

"Don't worry, the sweater is a little big for me, I'm sure it's long enough to cover you enough." He assures me.

"But-"

"If you don't come out, I'll go in."

I sighed in defeat. "No, Taehyung, let me just put on my pants from earlier."

The door suddenly opens and I pull the sweater down to my knees....reflexes.

Taehyung eyes me from head to toe and smiles. "Rose, you look so beautiful, don't cover it up. Nothing is showing."

"It's not that, Tae, I'm fre-"

Before I could argue, he grabs my arm and pulls me towards him. His arms hug me tightly and his lips meet my forehead.

"I know you're cold. I'll warm you up like that soup you made me."