We're just friends..

"Thank you Travis.." I said as I hold the cup between my hands. He invited me to come here in his condo since I told him that I'm gonna ditch my class because I don't want my friends to see me looking like this.

My eyes and nose are both red.

I look terrible.

"He is stupid, you know..for making you cry." He said while he was mixing the ingredients of the salad.

I look away unable to respond from his remark.

"He's always hurting you! Damn! I want to kill that guy!"

"Travis!" nanlalaki ang mata kong sabi.

Bago pa makapag salita si Travis ay biglang may pumasok sa kitchen na pareho naming ikinagulat.

The lady looks like she is in her late 30's, her elegance and beauty are the ones that you'll notice when you laid your eyes on her.

"Mom?"

Bigla akong napatayo sa stool na kinauupuan ko ng lapitan ni Cian ang mommy nya. Binaba ko ang tasa na kawak ko at inayos ko ang sarili ko.

Oh my this is so embarrassing, what will her Mom say to him when he brough a girl in his condo.

"Theo" his Mom said then she hugs him and kissed his cheeks.

Travis face turned red when he saw me looking at them.

He looked away while I was trying so hard not to laugh.

"And who is this Lovely lady with puffy eyes and red nose?" she asked sweetly.

My eyes grew wide at I tried to cover my nose.

"My this is Carra Amethyst Ferrer she is my---"

"Oh my Theo..don't tell me you were the reason why this young lady cried?! Why did you make your girlfriend cry?!" Travis Mom said with an irritated voice.

"Whoah Mom Chill! I was not the one to blame..i'm innocent ok?" Travis said as he put his hands up as if surrendering.

"Are you sure? Hindi kita pinalaki para magpaiyak ng babae..i told you , girls should be respected!" magkasalubong ang kilay na sabi ng Mommy nya habang naka pamewang pa.

"Mom! Seriously?! I will not do that! Especially not to her..some asshole made her cry and I'm just conforting her..ask her if you don't believe me." Nakasimangot na sabi ni Travis.

Her mom turned to look at me, her feature soften.

"Hija, tell me was it my jerk son who made you cry?" she ask in a sweet voice then she holds my hands that made me smile.

"No Ma'am, Travis is telling you the truth.." I said shyly.

She sighed.

"Good to know, you see I'm trying to raise my son with the belief that he should never make a girl cry.. especially his girl." She said as she carress my hair.

My gosh I'm falling in love with her..she's so nice and beautiful, she reminds me of my Mom and Cian's Mom.

"Actually Ma'am I'm not—"

"Mommy Tamara..Call me Mommy Tamara." She said cutting me off while to what I'm saying.

Bigla akong napatingin kay Travis, he smirked at me as if challenging me to defy his Mom. But how can I do that when she is acting so nice and sweet?!

"Uhmn... Ma'am I think you got it wrong, I'm not Travis's girlfriend, I'm just his friend..so I think I don't have the right to call you Mommy Tamara.."

Her lips parted, then she just looks at me.

"You're not his girlfriend?"

"No Ma'am."

"Travis?! I'm so disappointed in you..bakit ang bagal mo?! You're supposed to make her yours!" his mom said, she look disappointed.

Napakamot naman ng batok si Travis.

"Mom..."

"It's been months Theo since you told me about her---"

"Mom, stop it!" Namumulang sabi ni Travis.

"Travis Theodor! Don't tell me you have'nt told her yet?"

Nanlaki ang mata ni Travis sabay hila sa Mommy nya, nagpunta sila ng sala at naiwan akong naguguluhan sa kitchen.

Para silang may tinatago. I'm so curious and yet I want to give them privacy.

Maya maya pa ay bumalik na sila.

"I'm sorry about that Carra.." Travis' Mom said.

"Ok lang po Ma'am.." nakangiti kong sabi.

"I know you already said that you are not my son's girl, but still I insist you on calling me Mommy Tamara." She daid while smiling tenderly.

"Isn't awkward po ba? I mean time will come and your son will have a girlfriend, then bigla nyang malalaman na may isang girl na di nyo naman po kaano ano, ang tumatawag sainyo ng Mommy, she might get jealous po." Magalang kong sabi.

"Hija, kung ako naman tatanungin I like you for my son.."nakangisi nyang sabi na ikinainit ng pisngi ko.

"Mom, stop teasing her..baka bigla yang umuwi.."

"Oh sorry hija, wag ka sana mapipikon sa Mommy Tamara mo, I just really like you."

"Don't worry tita, I mean Mommy Tamara, I like you too..pero po kasi, my boy friend na po ako..and Travis is just my friend."

"Well, I already expected na may boyfriend ka na hija, sa ganda mo yan? Imposible na single ka.." nakangiti nyang sabi then tumingin sya kay Travis. " I'm so disappointed Travis Theodore, babagal bagal ka naunahan ko tuloy. But it's ok may pag as aka pa, di pa sila kasal!" natatawang sabi ng Mommy ni Travis na ikinatawa nalang din namin.

Mommy tamara is naughty and playful, as I've observed she's what they called a cool mom, yung tipong kala mo kabarkada lang. Kaya medyo nalungkot ako ng magpaalam kami sa isa't isa.

"I like your Mom, she's sweet and lovable." Nakangiti kong sabi kay Travis.

Pinarada ni Travis ang sasakyan sa gate ng Mansion namin.

"I like you too." Nakangisi nyang sabi.

Nanlaki bigla ang mata ko sa sinabi nya, di ko alam kung nagbibiro ba sya o ano.

"Feelingero ka!" nakanguso kong sabi.

"And you're cute when your pouting like that." He teased.

"Hmp! Ewan ko sayo!" I said then I removed my seat belt.

Lumabas ako ng car nya at tumapat sa driver's window.

"Bye! Thank you Travis, I had a good day with you and your Mom." Sincere kong sabi.

"Sure, kahit araw araw pa eh!" nakangiting sabi nya.

"Hmnn..pag wala akong ginagawa, makikipagbonding uli ako kay Mommy Tamara..kaya wag ka magseselos pag dumating ang araw na ako na ang itinuturing nyang anak." Natatawa kong sabi.

"Pag nangyari yun isa lang ibig sabihin." He said while rubbing his chin.

Napataas naman ang kilay ko.

"Ano?"

"It only mean na kasal na tayo!" he said then pinaandar na nya yung car nya at natatawang nag babye.

Ang tagal bago nag sink in sa utak ko ang ibig nyang sabihin. Feeling ko namula ang pisngi ko, buti nalang nakaalis na sya at di nya nakita ang pamumula ko.