Story 54--"It's Complicated"

Guide:

(Y/N): Your Name

(A.N. I kinda got inspired by ReynaJessica 's story "Loving My Rival" and my own experience with a boy at my school, and just thinking it through I hope you guys understand what I'm going through...ish. The second part isn't exactly part of my experience, but it's kind of like what would probably happen if I did get together with that boy. But I doubt it would happen in real life. I can move on easily from this boy, but then again you wouldn't want to completely move on from Tadashi now with these kinds of emotions within you, right? Oh, and btw, I'm not mentioning names, so unless you want to know who that guy is and what he's like, PM me.)

Tadashi Hamada.

Just letting that name ring through your mind was already enough to make your fists clench in sheer fury, if only for a moment, before guilt washes through and make you feel upset about yourself. Sure, Tadashi was an amazingly awesome and good-looking guy, no doubt. But if there was one thing that ticked you off, it was the fact that he was so popular without even trying. It was just because of those good looks, that amazingly genuine charm he brings with him, that makes everyone go crazy. If that wasn't enough, take the fact that despite all the people he hung out with, he never got anywhere close to you, unless you make the first move every time you wish to initiate a conversation with him.

And that makes you long for a chance to hang out with him, to make other people jealous of you. But what were the chances? It's already really late in the year, and nothing has ever changed. Somehow whenever you see him pass by, you felt a flicker of anger start through your chest and eventually cross by your face, your eyes narrowing into a glare. Yet after that brief sighting, or whenever you caught him hang out with other girls, you couldn't help but feel...empty. Hurt, even.

The only person you could vent this out to without holding anything back was your best friend, Heather, who is currently your lab partner at SFIT. A bubbly and bright young girl with auburn hair tied up in a ponytail every day and a flare for fashion, she was a great confidante and friend, and she was always willing to listen to you.

One day, while you and Heather were working on a project, Heather suddenly asked you, "Is something stressing you out, (Y/N)?" 

You turned away from your current project to face her. "What makes you ask that?"

Heather sighed. "It might sound weird, but every time I visit you, you seem to grow angrier and angrier. Is something bugging you?"

Without even thinking, you nodded. "Yeah. Um, no. Uh..." You groaned in frustration. "I DON'T KNOW!"

"What do you mean, you don't know?" Heather asked you patiently.

You put down your tools and started pacing around the lab. "There's this one guy," you started to say. "This one guy I keep seeing around in the school, attracting everybody like--like--"

"Screaming teenage girls to a freaking hot boy band?" Heather guessed.

"Exactly!" you cried. "That's what I really hate him for! He's popular without even trying! He can easily capture the hearts of all the girls, and he never goes anywhere near me. He doesn't even acknowledge me whenever we pass by the halls! It's like I'm never there! And his charm, his personality, his serious skill in inspiring people to do great things--sometimes I just want to tear away that stupid persona of his and just throw it to the ashes!" you finally shouted. "But then again, even as we pass by, or after, I just have...I kind of have that longing to be with him, you know. Those good looks got to me easily like it did with any other girl," you continued, your voice softening somewhat. "Do you understand what I'm trying to say?"