HOLIDAY ONE-SHOT

So I deeply, deeply apologize for not updating this book in millennia. I hope you all forgive me. Tons of stuff had been going on as of late. But to make up for it, here's a holiday one-shot which I hope you enjoy. 

A soft snowfall was gently floating past your window as you were working on your latest project for your finals at SFIT. It was, of course, that time of year again--the time when everyone is celebrating the holiday filled with good spirits and cheer while you were busy with your culminating assignments before the end of the term. Not to say you didn't like it at all. In fact, you never felt more invigorated as you went about grabbing tools and wires, materials you needed to complete your invention.

"(Y/N)!" 

You turned around to see Tadashi, your best friend, stand by the door giving you a cheery wave, and you waved back as you went over to the door and opened it with a soft click.

"Hey." You smiled at Tadashi's festive get-up, which was an ugly Christmas sweater that you were certain Aunt Cass had gotten him and his typical pair of dark brown jeans that reached his ankles. His sea-green high-top shoes were loosely tied over his feet. The classic San Fransokyo Ninjas hat that you saw him wear on a daily basis had been replaced now with a jolly red Santa hat...though you couldn't help but giggle at the pink bow tied by the fuzzy white ball at the end of the headgear.

Tadashi frowned at the sound of your light laugh escaping your mouth. "What's so funny? Is it just the sweater?"

You shook your head, though you had to admit the sweater itself was pretty laugh-worthy. The image printed over the dark green wool that made up the sweater was a large jolly-looking snowman with twinkling black eyes and a wide cheeky smile that took up almost the entire front. "No," you told him truthfully once you recovered from your laughing fit. "Well, I mean, the sweater looks a little weird, but...have you noticed your hat?"

"What about it?" Tadashi took off his hat and then yelped. "What the--who put the bow on it?"

"Who else would it be?" another female voice called out from the halls, and you laughed as you recognized Honey Lemon's chipper tones coming from her own lab. Of course, she would be in there today. Not many people have frequented the general lab anymore since it's finals season. 

Tadashi shook his head and let loose a chuckle of his own. "Ah, Honey Lemon. For a moment, I thought it would have been Hiro."

"Hiro still pranks you around this time of year?" you asked him now, your eyebrow raised at the thought of the younger Hamada brother still causing trouble at the time when Santa Claus was making his naughty and nice list.

"Not as often as before, what with his bot fighting hobby," Tadashi replied with a slight shake of his head. "It used to be so much worse."

"Mm." You simply nodded. "Well, just tell him from me that any trouble he causes would grant him no more gummy bears from Santa Claus."

"Or pizza," Tadashi added with another chuckle. "Oh, by the way, this is for you," he added quickly, holding up a little gift wrapped with blue wrapping paper topped with a golden bow. "Merry Christmas, (Y/N)."

At the sight of the little present, you laughed, touched actually at the little gesture Tadashi had presented to you. "Thanks!" you said with a small grin as you took it and opened it. Inside was a little Baymax lamp which had a nice forest green shade above his head, golden tassels hanging just at the edge. "This is so cute."

Tadashi chuckled as he watched you place the lamp on your desk. "I'm glad you like it," he said with a small smile. "It took me a while to make it."

"Apart from studying for finals?" You shook your head, grinning cheekily. "Well, I really appreciate it." Then you looked up at him. "I have something for you too."

"Really?" Tadashi cocked his head in intrigue. "What would that be?"

In truth, you did not have a present at all. For all the Christmas spirit around you, you just haven't had enough time as of late to make anything for your friends. But hopefully what you had in mind would make up for it. You just gave him a cheeky smile as you gave him a quick kiss on the cheek.

"Probably that," you said in a joking tone. "I'll give you a proper one later."

No one could deny the slight blush that coloured your cheeks as well as Tadashi's that very moment. What did you mean by a 'proper one'?

Perhaps you could interpret that on your own.

I know, kind of cut it off here. But I'm back! I know it's short, but oh well, it's still something to make up for the months of the lacking updates!

Hope you are all having a great Christmas!

-magic_mockingjay