Story 68--Flash of Silver (1)

Guide:

(Y/N): Your Name

(Request by  sorry for getting your request up really late!! :) )

*******FLASHBACK********

"And then before I could blink, she just shoved the cream pie in my face!" you recounted to Tadashi, your boyfriend of only two months, laughing as you told him about the time you accidentally got pied by your best friend in high school. The sound of Tadashi's laughter rang in your ears like beautiful music, and after a while you managed to catch your breath, smiling up at him, marveling his sparkling eyes under the sunset.

"Wow. I would never imagined being pied by my friends," Tadashi chuckled.

To this, you only just laughed. "Yeah, well...in the case you do see someone hold up a cream pie, first thing you do is turn your heel and bail."

"Uh huh. Says the girl who isn't scared to witness chemical explosions in her face," Tadashi joked.

"HEY!"

Another moment of laughter came and went, and then you wheezed, smiling again. Thank goodness you were sitting down at a bench, in the park--otherwise, you probably wouldn't find yourself standing.

"Well, thanks for everything, Tadashi," you said, nodding as you laced your fingers with his, taking note especially of the silver watch that you recently gave him as your two-month anniversary gift.

Tadashi grinned as he squeezed your hands and leaned forward, resting his forehead on yours. "Anything for you, (Y/N)."

Neither of you, however, noticed another girl in the shadows--your rival--hold up a gun to your head. But you did hear something go click, and you turned.

"(Y/N)?" Tadashi whispered.

BANG!

A silver bullet immediately hit you squarely between the eyes, and you immediately collapsed.

"(Y/N)!" Tadashi cried, lifting your face to his as your eyes slid shut, your skin turning pale. He picked you up, bridal style, shocked to feel how cold you were becoming. Without wasting any time, he quickly called the ambulance on his cell phone, and as the sound of the sirens filled the air, he clutched onto your lifeless limp body tighter.

"Don't die on me," he whispered. "I can't lose you."

************PRESENT DAY**************

A lonely picture frame sat on Tadashi's work table, which he would never stop staring at for the last three months. He gazed at it and heaved a heavy sigh. There, in the picture, stood you and him together, on that night you were shot, simply taking a silly selfie together on his phone. A sad smile graced his lips as he gingerly rested his fingers on the glass, where your face was. How he wished to see your eyes look back up at him again, the way you used to. How much he missed seeing your smile. How much he missed you.

Suddenly, the door opened, and who should come in but his best friend in the lab, Wasabi.

"Hey Tadashi," Wasabi waved at him. "You're still dealing with (Y/N) aren't you?"

Tadashi nodded and sighed, turning away from the picture. "Uh, hey Wasabi. Yeah, I am. It's all my fault." He groaned and ran a hand through his hair. "If only I just protected her, if only we didn't go out to the park that evening--none of this would have happened! She wouldn't even be shot!"

"Whoa, steady there," Wasabi said, gently holding his arm. "I know you and (Y/N) are close. And I know she's a strong and tough girl. She'll make it through. Trust me when I say that."