Story 76--Conceal, don't feel...?

A request from sotoole60414, I think? Definitely something along those lines. I just watched Frozen just two days ago (again), so I guess I can say this would be appropriate for me to write today. Apologies if this goes below standards, and I may or may not tweak the original plot.

All you could hear was your feet pounding hard against the floor as you ran through the halls of SFIT, fear clutching in your heart like a vice. Both of your hands were clenched into fists, and all you could think about throughout the entire chase was how, just carelessly, your powers were revealed in the open.

"Get her!"

"She's a witch!"

"She doesn't belong here!"

The voices of your hated enemies, Gordon and Macy, rang in your ears as you fought through the throng of students. However, you weren't fast enough. Seconds later, you felt something tug on the back of your sweater, and for a moment you fought it, struggling to get out of this person's grip, before you turned around.

To your horror, your eyes met with Tadashi's.

Oh, how can you begin to describe the oh-so-handsome Tadashi Hamada? You barely knew him, but you have seen him around before. He seemed to be a patient, fun-loving, an upbeat guy--definitely someone that anyone would be able to get along with. It pained you to see him like this right now, since you had safely assumed that he didn't even know who you were--wait, what were you thinking? Of course he'd be concerned about everyone, right? But it was that look of concern that made you flinch greatly.

"Is everything okay? What happened?" he asked you now.

As much as you wished to answer him, you didn't want to. You couldn't hurt him any more than you wished. You shook your head in response.

"Get out of here and leave me alone," you muttered angrily before turning on your heel, tearing yourself out of Tadashi's grip, and sprinted away again, as fast as you could, back to your lab. The sight of the icy blast on one wall made you freak out as you shut the door behind you, sinking to the ground against the door and burying your head in your hands. Years ago, your parents had tried to teach you to conceal, don't feel, don't let your powers show. There was a reason why you always wore protective gloves everywhere you went, and it didn't matter where you were. Everywhere, you had to have those gloves on your hands. But what Gordon and Macy did a few moments ago was unforgivable. The fact was that, while working on your independent lab, they dropped by and teased you about wearing the gloves, even yanking them off while a chase ensued inside the room. And then it happened.

"It doesn't work!" you screamed in the quiet empty air. "Nothing ever worked! I'm scared! I don't want to hurt anyone anymore! They think I'm a monster!" The words tore at your own heart as you remembered that your parents were dead just a few years ago. "WHY DID YOU LEAVE ME?!" you finally managed to shout before the tears took over, and you were sobbing into your hands.

A few moments later, there came a knock on the door. "Can I come in?"

Of course, you'd recognize that voice anywhere. "What did I tell you?" you barked bitterly.

"Listen, I know you're not okay. I just want to help. Please, let me in."

"I don't need your help! Just go away! Leave me alone!" you shouted. "Go ahead, be like one of those freaks who would scream out the fact that I might as well be a witch! Because I am! Just--just go away!"

It would be a lie to say that those words didn't wound Tadashi at all. They did, and quite severely too. Tadashi felt a twisting sensation in his chest--one that screamed of pure agony. But he knew that he had to grant your wishes. With his head hanging low, he turned on his heel and walked away, leaving you drowning in ice and tears.