Chapter 56

Clary's pov:

"So what exactly do you do?"I asked looking at Lucas. He looked up from his plate.

"Aren't you supposed to be in school?"He asked.

"You are too. And last time I checked this was my house."I replied.

"Touché."he said clapping his hands.

"Okay but seriously what do you do ?"I asked again. He sighed.

"I move drugs across the border."he replied playing with his hands.

"Drug trafficking?!"I shouted.

"Damn. Yes. And I sell it. I got guys selling it that work for me. We have a large distribution and lots of buyers. And plus it's a pretty hard game to play. But if your smart and clever enough you might just make it."he replied.

I stared at him. I haven't heard him talk about what he does. Not once this was the first. And it surprised me.

"Why'd you even get in this business?"I asked. He looked at me and shrugged.

"I don't know. Did I ever tell you about how I met Duel?"he asked looking at me. I shook my head he nodded and put hide ink down.

"Well it was summer after we had broken up and there was a party. You remember it don't you?"he asked smirking at me. I knew eye hat he was talking about.

Last summer,

I actually told my friends we should go. Of course Haleigh and Lui were saying I was crazy. But yolo right. Anyway I finally got them to agree and he girls came over to get ready.

We had finished and we were in two separate cars. And o was in the one with Blake. And I didn't feel like talking. Because last time it just ended up in tears and broken promises.

So I kept my mouth shut. We got to this huge house with flashing lights and music you could hear a mile away. While walking up to the door I wondered how the hell cops didn't come by and shut the party down.

But I mean in this day and age they probably paid the cops not to do anything. We walked up and Blake was about to say something when I pushed the door open.

The smell of beer, weed and sex filled the air. I made a face and walked in before Blake could say anything. I wanted to forget Lucas I wanted to forget Blake going off with some hoe. I just wanted to forget about everything.

Two hours in the party and I was drunk. So drunk k could see fucking stars. I walked outside to the patio and saw Blake. I smiled and made my way over there.

I came up behind him and saw him with some girl. I rolled my eyes and dropped my arm around his shoulder.

"Hey babe."I replied moving him a bit with my hip. He looked at me and smiled.

"Hey."he said putting his hand on my waist. The girl narrowed her eyes at me but I didn't care. She could go fuck herself for all I cared.

I looked at her and shooed her away. She gave me a look and I flipped her off . Bitch was what came to mind. I rolled my eyes as she made her way back into the house. I looked back at Blake and he smirked.

"What?"I asked confused and annoyed.

"Jealous much?"he asked looking at me. I gawked at him. He's, he's joking right? Jealous? Me of what? That hoe who's probably had enough STD's to last a life time? Oh please.

I looked at him and laughed.

"Oh please honey. I'm not jealous of her."I replied making a face as I said her in distaste.