Walk Away

Niall's POV

"Jess, stop!" I screamed, tears forming in my eyes.

"Niall, leave."

"No! Jess, I am truly sorry. I love you beyond belief, I was being a dick, I can understand why you would be mad. It hurts me to imagine you with any other guy. You are the most amazing girl I have ever met and we haven't been together for that long, but I want to spend the rest of my life with you. I love you." I said moving closer to her with every word. I leaned down to kiss her, but she turned around before I could kiss her.

"Niall, please don't make this harder for me, I don't think we should be together anymore, I think you should go."

I just turned around and walked out of the room.I didn't want this to be any harder than it already was.

I walked downstairs, tears rolling down my face.

Bella, Zayn, Louis, Lauren, and Josh were sitting on the couch. When Bella saw me, she got up and gave me a hug.

"Can I talk to you?" I asked her.

"Of course, come on."

We went into the kitchen.

"We broke up," I said looking down, "Bella, she had a knife."

"I'm sure this will all blow over," she said her eyes getting wide,"she what? I'll be right back."

Bella's POV

I walked up the stairs and walked right into Jess's room.

"Niall, I said leave." She mumbled.

"It's me."

"Oh, hi."

"Jess, why did you have a knife?"

"I swear, I didn't do anything."

"Jess you love him and he loves you, he's just jealous. He just wants you all to himself. He isn't like Blake, it was just hard for him because it was his own brother."

"It's just annoying because it's almost like he doesn't trust me. You know I've been through this before, and I don't want to go back there."

"He does trust you. He just doesn't trust his brother." I assured her.

"I guess, but I don't want to see him right now, and please don't tell anyone about the knife."

"I won't," I promised. I gave her a hug and went back downstairs.

Niall was sitting on the couch, so I went down to sit next to him and gave him a reassuring smile.

"Why didn't Harry come tonight?" Niall asked me.

"He said he didn't feel good," I said.

"He was fine when I left, he was having a beer," Louis said, laughing.

"Wait, what?" I asked.

"I'm sure there is nothing to worry about." Niall said, trying to make me feel better.

About an hour later, Jess came downstairs. She sat on the couch across from us. She looked up and gave me a weak smile. The room went silent.

Niall broke the silence, "Can I talk to you Jess?"

"No, Niall. Not now." Jess said.

"Well then you leave me no choice." Niall said as he got up and walked over to her, "Jess I love you so much. I'm sorry. The truth is, I have lost one of my girlfriends to Greg and I don't want to lose another one, I am so sorry. I just lost it when I saw him kiss you. I love you." Niall said, in front of everyone.

"I said, I don't want to do this right now."

Just then Niall's phone went off. He looked at it and answered it. His brother was in the hospital!

"I got to go, Greg's in the hospital."

Jess got up and grabbed her shoes, coat, and her phone.

"Your coming?" Niall said with a shocked look on his face. She just nodded and walked out the door.

Jess's POV

Niall and I were walking out to the car side by side. Niall stuck his hand out for mine, but I just looked at him and put my head down.

"Why did you come? Your only making this harder for me. What am I supposed to tell my parents?"

"Tell them the truth."

"I don't even know what the truth is."

"You were a jerk and we broke up... That's the truth." I said with an attitude.

"So this is it. Your'e just gonna give up?"

"I'm not giving up Niall, I just need time."

"So, we are really broken up." Niall said sounding angry.

"Guess so."

The rest of the drive to the hospital was silent.

I guess Niall really was angry, because the first girl he saw when we got into the hospital, he kissed.

When he finished his kiss he looked at me with a smile on his face. I just stared at him and he just turned his attention to the not so interesting elevator door.

When we got to the emergency room, we saw his parents in the waiting room.

"Aw you are such a supportive girlfriend Jess. How nice of you to come." Niall's mother said.

I looked at Niall when she said that.

Niall's POV

I cannot believe this is happening. I cannot believe I kissed that girl.

"Aw you are such a supportive girlfriend Jess. How nice of you to come." my mother said.

Jess looked at me and I looked at her.

"Um... actually we broke up." I told my mom awkwardly.

"Oh... well then that is especially nice of you to come." Jess smiled at my mother before looking at me with an upset expression.

Now that I got that out of the way. Oh god. Here comes the girl that I kissed in the lobby. She was walking straight for me. When she reached me, she kissed me again and this time she wouldn't let me pull away. She handed me a piece of paper and walked away.

I caught Jess staring at me she quickly looked away but not quick enough because I could still see the tears forming in her eyes. I don't know why I kissed that girl. I threw her number in the trash.

My mother and father also looked at me weirdly, but I just ignored all of the looks I was getting.

"Can we go see Greg?"

"Yeah he,'s in the last room on the left."

I took Jess's hand and headed down the hallway. She tried to let go of my hand, but I wouldn't let her.

"Please Jess, can you please just pretend that we are still together for Greg?"

"Are you seriously asking me this right now? We would still be together if you didn't have to be so jealous."

"Ok, fine."

We walked into the last room to see Greg sitting up with a cast on his arm.

"Hey, dude. How are you?" I asked him.

"I'm good how are you two?"

"Not good." Jess looked at me when I said that.

"Why?"

"Well, we broke up, we got into a fight, Niall kissed the first girl he could find and we are just not together." Jess walked out of the room. and I obviously ran after her.

"Jess what's wrong now?"

"I didn't think it was going to be this hard, just tell Greg I said feel better. I have to go."

I knew there was nothing left to do for me to stop her so I had to face my biggest fear... watch the love of my life walk away from me.