Chapter eight

Teddy:POV

8 days later

I got up and took a shower. Today was the first day of court for getting the custody of Charlie and Toby. I got out of he shower and dried of my hair. I put on a light pink shirt with a blazer over it with kakis.

I curled my hair and took the papers of of the counter, and then walked out the door. As I was walking down the hallway and started thinking about what Ms.Plume had said. I mean...she could had just been lying, but all the other stuff she said was true. I haven't had time to find out if I really am adopted because I've been working on my case for Charlie and Toby. Plus I'm pretty sure mom and dad are dead. I mean if they were alive they would of called by now. I got in my car and started driving down the street.

I arrived a few minutes later, and got out of the car. I walked inside the court house and walked into the sixth door on the left. I took a seat.

"All rise for Judge Reynold." This guy said as the judge walked in.

"Ahh, a custody case." He mumbled to himself. "Ms. Duncan, to the stand." He said. "Now why do you want to be the legal guardian of Charlotte and Toby Duncan?" He asked.

"Well, the real parents were in an accident, by the recent tornado that hit, and have not been found, and there's really no chance of them turning up anytime soon, and I really care about and don't want them going to some random family." I said. I walked back to my seat.

"Mrs.Wence, up to the stand." He called. Why does that name sound so familiar?... Seems like someone I used to know.

Now I remember.

Ivy sat down on the stand with a smirk on her face. "I have tons of evidence of why I should be their legal guardian and not Teddy Duncan." Uh oh. "Here are pictures of her abusing them." Ivy said sliding him some pictures. He picked the pictures up and flipped through them.

"She lying, I would never hurt them!" I yelled.

"Ms. Duncan! Lower your voice." He said standing up.

---------------------------------------------

3 hours later

I was driving back home. They said that I needed to come back tomorrow. I started going over the things in my head that happened at the court house. Wait-when the judge announced Ivy name, he said Mrs...

Ivy's married?