Chapter thirty

Teddy:POV

It's been three hours since I came back from the GoodWill, and my family and I have been talking about where they might be able to stay, and what can of job my Dad can get for the time being. Maybe in a few years from now he can start his business up again, but for now, it's just not possible.

"So for now, you'll go to the job center, and Mom, you can go try to get your job back." I say, and they both nod. "I'll try to get my job back first. Can I borrow your car for a bit?" My mother asks, and I nod. I hand her my keys, and she walks out the door. I look over and see Dad holding Toby and smiling, then look at Pj, and see him tickling Charlie.

"I'll be right back." I say to my family, and walk into my (guest) room. I shut the door, and lock it as tears fall from my eyes. No, I'm not crying because I'm sad. I'm crying because I'm so happy, probably the happiest that I've been I'm my entire life, even happier than Pj, when he got to go to The Gurgles concert a few years back. Yes, there is a few problems, like our old house, and jobs, but to me, those are minor things. I walk back out, as I wipe my eyes.

"Are you okay, sweetie?" My concerned father asks. I don't say anything, instead I just wrap my arms around him, and smile.

"I missed you so much." I cry into his chest, and he kisses the top of my head.

"I missed you too." he says, and that's when I knew that everything was going to be alright.

Spencer:POV

I have been waiting for hours to get a call back from a music label. The suspense is eating me alive, as I sit next to my phone. I check my watch again for the seventeenth time in the last three minutes, 3:48 PM. I sigh, and look around the room.

Suddenly my phone starts to ring, and I trip while running towards it. I fumble with the phone, and quickly press the answer button.

"Is this Spencer Walsh?" The voice on the phone asks, and I bite my bottom lip.

"Yes, yes it is." I say quickly.

"This is Myco Records, and we have good news. We are taking you on as a client." she informs me, and my eyes widen as I gasp.

"Are you serious?" I yell with the biggest smile.

"Yes sir. You will have to move to New York City by next month, that won't be a problem, will it?" She asks, and I'm not sure how to feel.

New York is full of opportunities but, what about Teddy. Here I am, still thinking about Teddy. We did date for a long time, and I'm still left feeling guilty about losing contact with her. Before I can think about it anymore, I respond.

"No, it won't be a problem." I say softly.

"Great. We will contact you with more information soon." she says, then hangs up.

I sigh, and smile. This is good. I'm finally going to accomplish my dreams and, in one of the most famous cities in the country! Yet, all I feel is emptiness.

Ivy:POV

I've been wandering around the mall looking for Teddy, for an hour! I give up, and start walking to the exit to drive back home, when I bump into someone, causing us both to fall.

"I'm sorry!" I say, as I get back on my feet. Wait...is that... "Emmett?" I ask, and he picks his glasses up from the ground, and puts them back on the bridge of his nose.

"Ivy!" Emmett says surprised, and smiles. "It's been what, a year?" He asks, and I notice that he really hasn't changed. He still wears that black fedora, and rectangle glasses.

"Yeah." I say, and smile back. It is sort of nice to see someone from my old life, before my beautiful baby girl came along.

"So, how have you been?" Emmett asks me, and I shove my hands in my jean pocket with a sigh.

"Well, I have a kid now." I say, and his eyes widen.

"Wow! That's great! He, or she?" Emmett asks, and I stand there, a little shocked. Whenever I tell someone that I have a child, they look at me with a disgusted look.

"Um, she. Her name is Teddy." I say, and he smiles.

"You and Teddy are still pretty close friends, huh?" He asks, and I give him a small nod.

"Well, I have to go, it was nice talking to you!" I say cheerfully, and he gives me a small nod.

I walk out of the store, and into the parking lot. Emmett has changed a lot, he never once tried to flirt me, or asked for Teddy's number, and he never smirked. Maybe reality has finally caught up with him after high school.