Chapter forty nine

Beau:POV

"Wait, how did you get the money to pay for a plane ticket?" Amber asks, as we walk into the large airport.

"I have a savings fund that was set aside since I was a child that I found about yesterday, probably from Dad. Mom said that he's rich." I explain quickly, as I pull our luggage along.

"He's rich?" She yells, with a laugh.  "How long are we staying?" Amber asks, and think for a moment.

"I'm not really sure." I say, with a shrug of my shoulders.

"Well, aren't you Mr. Organized?" Amber teases me, and I roll my eyes playfully.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah."

"Wait, what about school?" She asks, and I sigh. I was really hoping that she wouldn't think about that.

"It won't hurt to take a few weeks off." I reassure her, and her eyebrows furrow in concern, but she stays silent.

An hour and a half goes by, and it's time to board the plane. "Beau, I'm scared. I've never been on a plane before." Amber whimpers, and clutches onto my arm.

"You know, the chances of the plane crashing is one, to eleven million." I say, trying to make her feel better about the situation. We walk over, and the flight attendant collects our plane tickets, and wishes us a good trip. Amber grabs my hand as we make our way down the aisle. I take a seat near the window, and Amber sits next right to me.

"I'm really nervous, but also really excited." Amber tells me, and I nod.

"I feel the same way." I say, and lean back in the seat. I take out my cheap flip phone, and freeze. I completely forgot to tell Teddy that I'm leaving for who knows how long, and now I have to wait until we land. The pilot announces something that I don't pay attention to, and the plane start to move. My legs start to shake, and I try to calm myself sown. To be honest, I'm terrified. About this plane, about seeing my Dad, seeing my sister, everything. I feel the plane slowly descend up in the air.

"Here we go." Amber says, and I suddenly feel calm.

Pj:POV

"That was...rough." I say to Teddy, and she nods while running a hand through her messy hair.

"I really didn't think that Mom and were going to blow up on Spencer like that." Teddy says, and I really feel bad for her. She's said several times that her and Spencer are only friends, but Mom and Dad don't care about what Teddy had to say. "I'm so mad at them. I mean, it's my life!" She vents.

"On a lighter note, I'm so happy that we go that TV show thing." I say to try to make her feel a little better.

"Me too! I really hope that this will fix all of our problems, and I'll definitely let you know when they tell me more information." She says, and I smile.

"Great, I have to go, it's my turn to go grocery shopping." I say, and she gives me a hug goodbye.

"Alright, I'll see you later." Teddy says, and I walk out the door. I get in the car that Emmett and I share, and head in the direction of the grocery store. I'm about halfway there to the store, when I see someone in front of the road. 

I hit the breaks, and quickly jump out of the car. Upon closer examination, I can tell that it's a person, a woman actually. "Are you okay?" I ask, and bend down to her. She dosn't appear to be hit, but she doesn't look okay either. She slowly sits up, and I cover my mouth in shock. No...It can't be.

"Pj?" She asks, rubbing her head.

"...Skylar?" I ask, and she nods her head. I pick her up in one quick motion, and set her on the grass. "Oh my god, what happened, why are you here? Do you feel alright? Why are you rubbing your head? I'm sorry I'm bombarding you with questions, I just can't believe that you're here!" I yell, and she smiles.

"Well, I don't really know really know the answer to any of those questions. One minute, I'm sitting in central park, the next I'm in Denver." Skylar says, and I furrow my eyebrows. I wrap my arms around her, and a tear rolls down my cheek.

"I promise, I'm going to find out who did this. In the meantime, you're welcome to stay at my apartment, but I'm going to warn you now, Emmett is my roommate." I say.

"Thank you Pj. I missed you so much." Skylar says, and hugs me again. I'm so happy to see her, but I just can't imagine why anyone would do this to my princess?