Tough Times

Teddy:POV

"W-what?" I stutter at Spencer's heartbreaking words.

"You heard me." he mutters, and I try to pull myself together before I start crying. I turn on my heel, and quickly run to my bedroom, and shut the door. I feel my cheeks get wet from my tears spilling over, and I lay down on our bed. I can't believe what just happened. It's heart breaking when the person that promised to always be by your side, isn't.

I've always despised how quickly Spencer jumps to conclusions, and I hope that he can one day escape from that flaw. When Spencer said that he was sleeping in the couch, my heart dropped. It was almost as if my entire world was slipping through my fingers like sand, and there was nothing I could do to make it better.

I hear Hadley let out a loud wail from her nursery, and I'm up to my feet in an instant, racing to their room. Before I walk into the nursery, I slowly turn my head to look at Spencer, head turned to the side, pretending to be asleep. It was obvious that he was faking it because of his rapid breathing, and he wasn't lightly snoring like usually does.

I wince at the sight if him not wanting me to know that he's having trouble sleeping. I know the only reason that he's pretending is because he doesn't want to talk to me, and that breaks my heart. I sigh, and walk into the pink and white bedroom, and walk over to Hadley's crib. I gently pick her up, and cradle her in my arms, trying to calm her down.

I walk out of the bedroom with Hadley in my arms, and walk over to the kitchen. I grab a baby bottle from inside of the fridge, and heat it up for about twenty seconds. I'm actually sort of relieved that Hadley prefers bottles over being breastfed, it's saves me from feeling a bit embarresed when we have guests over. The microwave beeps, meaning her bottle is ready, and I walk over to the rocking chair beside the couch, and start to feed Hadley.

Her eyes flutter shut when she's about half-way finished with her bottle, and I slowly lift her up to burp her. I lean her against my shoulder, and gently pat her back. After she burps, I lay her back down in my arms, and walk over to her and Ariella's bedroom, and lay her back inside of her crib.

"I love you, Hadley." I coo, and place a kiss on her tiny nose. I pull away from her crib, and turn my head to see that Ariella is stirring awake. I sigh, and pick her up, knowing that I would barely get any sleep that night.

************************************************************************************************************

I awake to the sound of glass smashing against the floor, and my eyes snap open. I push off my bed covers, and run to the kitchen. I walk in to see Spencer trying to quickly pick up a glass cup that had tumbled over, and I shoo him away from the glass shards. "Spencer, are you crazy? You can't pick up broken glass with your hands!" I war him, and I hear a wail come from Ariella in the nursery, and we both sigh. "Go take care of Ariella, and I'll clean this up." I mutter, and he rushes to Ariella. I speed-walk over to the garage, and grab a broom and dust pan.

After I'm done with cleaning up the mess that Spencer made, I walk into the nursery and see Spencer lighlty rocking Ariella from side to side, cradling her in his arms, humming an old nursey rhyme which I recognized as "Row, Row, Row your Boat".

I take a step closer to them, and Spencer turns around. "She just wanted attention." He murmurs, and I nod, looking down at our little angel.

"She looks a lot like you." I whisper, and he smiles.

"She has your dimples." Spencer argues, and I laugh quietly.

"Can't argue with that." I say, and he sets her back in her white crib.

"How did we manage to make such beautiful little girls?" Spencer asks playfully.

"I don't want to sound overly-confident, but we both are quite attractive." I joke, and he cracks a smile.

"I agree." he laughs, and we walk say out of the nursery. "Listen, I'm sorry that I got so mad about how you went to go see Josh. I over-reacted." Spencer apologizes.

"It's okay, Spence. I just want you to be mad."

"Honestly, it's not okay. I just get really protective over you, you're every guys dream girl and I still don't know how I got so lucky that I get to call you my beautiful wife." he smiles, and I grab his hand.

"And I don't know how I got so lucky to be with you." I say softly, and stand on the tip of my toes tp brush my lips against his.

************************************************************************************************************

Five weeks later...

I cross my arms as I stare out the window, waiting for Spencer to get home. It's almost midnight, and he said that he would be home hours ago. Spencer has been out with his friends all the time lately, and I'm not okay with him being apart from me and the kids so often.

I dial his number for the fifth time in the last two hours, and it just goes straight to voice-mail. I huff in frusteration, and slam the phone down on the couch. Why dooes he keep on ignoring my calls? I hear Ariella let out a loud wail from her room, and I rush over to her bedroom. I slowly walk over to her wooden crib, and pull her up to my chest and take a seat on the small love seat in the corner.

Her nose is scrunched up as she cries loudly, and I sigh when I feel like breaking down when I hear Hadley start to cry too. I hold Ariella in one arm while I pick up Hadley in the other, and walk out of their room, and set them on the couch in the living room. I sway them back and forth in my arms, and a whimper when they only cry harder.

I start to sing an old lullaby, and they both quiet down. I smile in relief as their eyes become droopy, and I set Ariella in her crib, and get ready to set Hadley in her crib when she suddenly does something that brings tears to my eyes.

She smiles.

For the first time in her life, Hadley's lips curl up into an open mouthed smile, and she lets out a high-pitched giggle.

I laugh along with her, as I feel tears prick at my eyes. Happy tears, of course. I lift her up closer to my face, and place a gentle kiss on her nose.

"I love you, my baby Hadley." I whisper so I don't wake up an already sleeping Ariella. She giggles loudly, and reaches for my hair.

"Yep, time for you to go back to bed." I sigh, and set her down in her small crib.

I hear the front door open, and I run out of the bedroom, quietly shutting the door behind me. And there I see Spencer, an angry expression on his face as he balls his hands into fists.

"Spencer, what happened? Where were you?" I ask quietly so I don't wake up Hadley and Ariella.

"None of your business." Spencer snaps, and I gape at him.

"It most certainly is my business, I'm your wife." I whisper angrily, and he glares at me.

"I didn't no that when I married you that meant that I wasn't allowed to have any privacy."

"Spencer, there's a difference between having privacy, and keeping secrets." I argue, and he groans.

"Just leave me alone!" Spencer shouts, and I quickly shush him.

"The kids are sleeping. Speaking of which, since you were gone to who knows where, you missed Hadley's first smile." I cross my arms, and he smiles.

"She smiled?" Spencer asks, and I sigh.

"Yes, and you weren't there to see it." I mumble, and he frowns while running a hand through his hair.

"I'm going to sleep on the couch again tonight." he murmurs, and I clench my fists, and grab his arm.

"No you're not, we're going to talk about this." I say with little confidence, and he crosses his arms.

"You wanna talk? Fine, let's talk."