Chapter six

Teddy:POV

I woke up on the couch with my video camera in my hands. Wait...Where's Toby and Charlie?! Oh. Now I remember.

I got up from the couch and walked over to the kitchen. I make myself a bowl of cereal before heading out the door and into the parking lot.

I jumped in the car, and raced to Ms. Plume's office, the lady that was here last night. I'm going to find out exactly what kind of "evidence" she has. I would never to anything to mistreat Charlie or Toby! The only thing that she was right about was the fact that I'm not their guardian. Although...for the next few days, I'll be looking for the rest of my family, and if they don't show up then I would apply to be their legal gueardian.

I walk into the all glass building and find a receptionist almost instantly. "I have a appointment with Ms. Plume at...well, now." I say, glancing up at a nearby clock.

"Name." she says, not looking up from her computer screen.

"Uh, Teddy Duncan." I reply.

"Sign here." she says, while handing me a sheet and a pen. I sign my name on the paper before returning it to her. "Take a seat." she tell me, and I sit down in one of the slippery leathery couches, which were quite uncomfortable to be honest. The receptionist picks up her phone, and calls someone.

"There is somone here to see you." I hear her say to the person on the phone, probably Ms. Plume. "She says her name is Teddy Duncan, she has an appoitment." she pauses a moment before hanging up, looking at her computer screen once again. A minute later, Ms. Plume walks into the waiting room, and smiles fakely at me.

"Ah, Ms. Duncan. Come right this way." I follow her into a mute colored room, which I assume is her office. "Take a seat." she tells me, while taking a seat in her own chair.

"So, I came here to speak with you and try to understand why you are taking them from my care." I say softly, trying to sound like I know what I'm talking about.

"Ms. Duncan, I thought I made it quite simple. You are not their legal guardian, and we have evidence of you mistreating them." Ms. Plume says annoyed, crossing her arms like a child.

"Can you please show me the evidence?" I ask calmly. She bends down and grabs a file labeled "DUNCAN" from one of her drawers.

"Here you go." She said sliding it over across the desk. I slowly picked it up, feeling a bit skeptical. I opened the file, and saw one by one terrible pictures of me with them. For example, on showed me hitting Charlie and the other picture, showed me screaming at Toby, and making him cry.

"I never did any of this!" I yelled.

"We also have witnesses." She said.

"I would never do anything to hurt them! I love them!" I screamed.

"Ms. Duncan! We know you are also not the children's guardian! There is no excuse for them to be in your care." She said fuming.

"No excuse? No excuse?! They have been in my care for one day! One-day! And the only reason, that they're been in my care at all, is because, of the tornado that hit caused my family AKA my their REAL guardians to go missing! I walked into our house and found them abandoned!!! If I would have left them there they would have DIED! I can assure you I do not mistreat them."I screamed, my anger taking over

"One other thing, I was planning on making ME their legal guardian, because my family isn't going to show up anytime soon." I fumed.

"Ms. Duncan! I know every detail about your life! I know you went to north high, I know you were in the debate team, I know that you were adopted-"

"W-wait...Adopted?..."

"Yes!" She said standing up from her desk. "Now leave!"

---------------------------------------------

Wow...

Okay so first things first, I'd like to give a shout out to @Ohmypizza, for commenting on almost all my stories! Second, if just like to tell you guys, that if there's any and ideas you guys might have for this book please let me know!

Bye my little cookies!