Chapter twenty nine

Amy:POV

We all get in Teddy's car, Ed. I still can't believe that her, and the kids are okay! I'm still stressing over where we're going to live now, though. With the way that our house is in shape now, it would be cheaper just to buy a new house, than to try to fix it, and that makes me sad. We've lived there with every Duncan child and years from now, Charlie and Toby probably won't even remember it. Teddy parks in front of a house, and turns of the ignition.

"We're here." Teddy says, and steps out of the car. The rest of us follow after her. We all walk up to the door, and she knocks on it. I hear footsteps rush to the door, and the doorknob starts

to turn. The door opens and inside I see my son Pj, holding Toby. I gasp, and put a hand over my mouth.

"Mom, Dad, Gabe?" Pj asks, and hands Toby over to Teddy. He runs up to us, and gives us a hug. "I thought you guys were dead!" He says with a huge smile on his face, while running a hand through his hair. Oh boy, here comes the tears.

"We thought you were dead! How are you not dead?" Gabe asks, and I start to sob.

"Aw Mom, c'mere." Pj says, and I walk over and hug him again. "When I was in the cruise ship, I was pushed into a lifeboat, and then landed on Hawaii. After that that, I really had no way of getting back. That is, until Teddy found me." Pj smiles, a tear slipping from his eye.

Our family is back together again.

Teddy:POV

It was so heart warming seeing Mom and Dad interact with Charlie, Toby, and Pj again. Gabe was standing in the corner biting his lip, while trying to keep a smile off his face. I walk over to him, and he looks up.

"You okay?" I ask with concern. He gulps, then pulls me into a tight hug. I smile, as I hug him back. I'm surprised, Gabe was never one to show any affection or care, for that matter.

"I missed you." He murmurs, and I pull away.

"I missed you too." I smile, and a tear trickles down my face. Sometimes it's easy for people to forget, but Gabe is only fourteen. He's practically still a kid, and people just expect him to act like an adult, and get mad when he doesn't.

"Wait...if the house is a wreck, where are we going to stay now?" Mom asks, biting her bottom lip.

"I know you hated that hospital but, I think you need to try to get your old job back." Dad says with a frown.

"You're right, but before I do that I'm going to take a shower. Teddy, could you be a dear, and get me some clothes from a nearby thrift shop?" She asks desperately.

"Sure." I say with a smile, and head back out the door. I hop in my car, and start driving to the nearest GoodWill. I arrive, and get our of my car. I walk in, while counting the few dollars that I have in my pocket. Fourteen bucks should be able to get my Mom a shirt and pants, right? I hope so. As I walk through the door, and bump into someone, causing them to drop their bags. "I'm so sorry!" I apologize, as I bend down to help pick them up. I look up, and hand him some of the bags.

"It's alright. I'm Beau." Beau says with a smiles, and I quickly notice his southern accent.

"I'm Teddy." I smile in return. I have to admit he is pretty attractive.

"See you around Teddy." He says, and walks back to his car.

Spencer:POV

I arrived back at my dorm about two hours ago. I look down at my watch, and realize that's it's time for me to record some demos for several music labels. I really hope it works out with at least one of them. I take the elevator down to the recording studio, and walk in. I greet the man that will be recording the song, as I step inside the booth.

"Whenever you're ready." He says, and gives me a smile. I breath in and close my eyes, as I give him a small nod. I suddenly hear the intro of "Story Of My Life" start to play through through my headphones, and into my ears. I chose this song because, the song really does describe my life.

"Written in these walls are the stories

that I can't explain. I leave my heart

open, but it stays right here empty for

days."

I sing, and pour my heart and soul into the song. I pray that everything will work out, and some day me and Teddy can at least be friends.