Chapter four

Teddy:POV

I ran up to my house. "Teddy, don't go in, it's too dangerous." Spencer says

"I don't care." I opened the door and I saw most of the ceiling on the floor. I covered my mouth, as I looked up to see the stair case was completely torn apart. I ran to the garage (Or rather what was left of it) and grabbed a latter.

"Teddy, what are you doing?!" I ignored him, as I set the latter where the staircase used to be. "Teddy, stop!" I once again, ignored him.

I climbed up the latter, and steadied myself. I reach the top floor and scramble to get up to my feet. I run into Charlie's room in a panic, worried about my little sister.. Under her bed, I saw Charlie sleeping in the corner. "Charlie, are you all right?" I whisper. I started to get worried. What if she was dead? What if she had slipped into a coma, what if- 

I was snapped out of my thoughts by the sound of a little four year old voice saying "Teddy!" Charlie ran up and hugged me. "Oh, thank goodness!" I pick her up, and made my way back to the hall.

"Charlie?" Spencer asks relieved, but confused at the same time.

"Yeah, I found her in her room." I smile. I pass Charlie to Spencer, and climb back down.

"Was there no one else up there?" He asks.

"Nope. I'm going to go to the basement to get most of my stuff." I said

"Why do you wanna get your stuff?"

"Well, look at this place Spencer! It's not safe for me or Charlie, so I'm getting our stuff and the family money, and we're going to stay in a hotel." I say, starting to go downstairs.

"Teddy, you can't go down there! The basement is more dangerous than all the rooms combined, it could collapse onto itself at any second." Right when he said that part of the ceiling was falling down, about to hit me.

I moved out of the way just in time. "See?! I can't let you go down there!" I was about to agree with him but I heard a faint cry. "Shh!" Listen!" I whispered. There it was again.

"Spencer! Toby's down there! Quick! Get the latter!" I said.

"But Teddy-" I cut him off. " Spencer, look out!" I pushed him out of the way just in time, to save him from another chunk of the ceiling.

"Are you okay?" I ask breathlessly.

"Teddy, you could have killed yourself!" Spencer scolds me.

"I couldn't let you and Charlie die either! Now come on, the faster I get down there, the faster we can leave." I say while getting the latter. I quickly climb down.

"Let me come with you." He says, determined to keep me safe..

"No, get out of the house. Put Charlie in my car, and come back."

"Fine. Just...be safe okay?" He says, not waiting for a response before running out of the house with Charlie..

 I climb down the latter as fast as I can, only slightly terrified. I make it down to the basement safely, my eyes scanning the room for my baby brother So far, he is no where to be seen, and panic hits me like a train. I run into my room, hoping and praying that Toby is in there. I find him laying on my bed, crying and kicking his feet. I smile suddenly appears on my lips, and I pick him up. "I'm so glad that you're okay." I coo, kissing his forehead.

I walk back to the staircase, holding Toby in my arms. "Spencer!" A second later I saw his head pop up behind the staircase. "Here, take Toby." I say, climbing up one of the steps of the latter. He picked Toby up. "Go put him in my car, next right to Charlie. I'll be there in a second, just stay in the car, this place is about to fall apart!" He runs out the door. I run back to my room and get most of my clothes, and my money.