Chapter thirty two

Teddy:POV

Mom walks through the door, with a huge smile on her face.

"You got your job back?" I ask excitedly, while standing to my feet. She nods frantically, and I give her a big hug. Dad walks out of the bathroom, and sees me and Mom hugging.

"Did you get your job back?" Dad asks, smiling and Mom nods. He runs over and joins our hug. This is great, it will definitely help to get a new house. Mom back away from the hug, and turns to Dad.

"Your turn." She smirks, and Dad sighs.

"Alright, well I'll be at the job center I guess." He says, and grabs my keys off of the coffee table and walks out of the house.

"Are you hungry?" I ask Mom, and she nods. "Alright, let me go asks Gabe is he wants anything." I say, and head into the room that Pj and Charlie are in. I see Gabe sitting right next to Charlie on the floor, while Pj tells them what it was like to live in Hawaii.

"Hey Gabe, are you hungry?" I ask, and he shakes his head yes. I walk out of the room and into the kitchen. I open the refrigerator and see what kind of food Ivy has. Wow, she has next to no food. I sigh, and try to think about were is a cheap place that we can eat.

"I'm going to go run to McDonald's." I say, then remember that I don't have my keys. I walk into the nursery, and see Ivy feeding Teddy.

"Can I borrow your car to go get McDonald's?" I ask, and she looks up at me.

"Only if you get me a Big Mac." She says with a smile, and I give her a nod. I walk back out to the living room and grab her keys from the table. I walk outside, and into the car.

I park the car, and walk into the McDonalds. If you use the drive-thru, the always get your orders wrong. It's strange walking inside because, this was the exact same McDonald's that I went into right before Josh proposed to me. (In chapter five) I place my order, and I walk over to get some drinks, but bump into someone. I look up, and laugh.

"Hi Beau!" I say cheerfully, and he smiles.

"Hi Teddy." Beau says, and walks away. I have to say, I really hope I see him again. You know what? I'm not going to be shy.

I walk over to him quickly, and tap on his shoulder. "Can I have your number?" I ask nervously, but hey, at least I asked.

"If you give me yours." Beau gives me a small smile, and I get out a bubble-gum wrapper from my pocket, and grab a pen from the counter, and write down my number and hand it to him. He takes a notebook out of his back pocket along with a small pencil and writes down his number.

"Thanks." I say, as I take the scrap of paper from his hand. I smile widely, as I go to pick up my food.

Beau:POV

I smile, as I put my cheap flip phone that I got from a charity back in my pocket. To be honest, I really wanted to ask for her number first but come on, I would have never thought that someone as beautiful as her would be interested in someone like me. I finish my fries, then pick up the ten piece chicken nuggets to take back to my family. I walk home and fifteen minutes later, I'm back at our tiny apartment. "Hi mom." I greet my mother with a kiss on the cheek.

"Hello Beau." She gives me a small smile, as she continues to pack our very few groceries into the cheap refrigerator.

"I brought home some food." I say, and raise the bag of McDonald's food in the air.

"Thank you honey. Can you give your sister her food first and give me what is left?" Mother asks, and I nod sadly. I wish that we had money to be able to get enough food for each of us, and be able to move out of this apartment, but I'm not one to complain. I walk over to my little sisters room, and knock on the door.

"Beau!" She says excitedly, and runs up from her bed to give me a hug, and I smile. My sister and mother, are the light of my life. My sister is only twelve, and was only a month when our father left us. He was our main source of money so when he left, we had to move down to Denver years ago to get the cheapest place that we could get.

"I got you some McDonald's!" I say, and her face brightens up. It's a real treat whenever I get to bring home McDonald's and my sister is always really appreciative when I do. I pull out several chicken nuggets, and the rest of my fries and hand it to her.

"Thank you so much!" Amber says, and she sets the food down on her bed, and gives me a kiss on the cheek. I walk back to my mother and hand her what left of my sister's chicken nuggets.

"Thank you." My frail mother says, as she sits down at the dining room table.

"I have good news." I say, and my mother looks up from her food.

"I met a girl today." I say, and her entire face lightens up. My mom is always worried about my future since I couldn't afford to go to college, so I'm sure that if I meet a girl, this will be her saving grace.

"What's her name?" She asks, and I scratch the back of my neck.

"Teddy." I say, and mom looks at me excitedly.

"Tell me about her."

"Well, I don't know much about her. Hopefully we'll go on a few dates." I say, and my mom stands up from her chair, and walks over to hug me.

"Ask her on a date!" She says, and my eyes widen.

"Mom, I just met her the other day, I think it's a little too early to ask her on a date." I say, and she frowns.

"I know, I'm just really happy for you." Mom says, as she sits back down. If this thing doesn't work out with Teddy, then I don't know how my mom will ever not be worried about me.