Long Lost Sister

Kate:POV

"Teddy Duncan is your sister?" Skylar asks completely shell-shocked, and I nod.

"Do you know her?" I ask and she doesn't move. 

"How do you that she's your sister?" she asks and I frown.

"My mom works in the Children Protective Services, she can find out about anything or anyone she wants to with a snap of her fingers." I tell her.

"What's your mom's name?"

"Greta, but most people know her as Ms. Plume." I say and Skylar nods.

"Why'd you want to get back at Teddy, though? What did she do to you?" she asks."

''She had the better life, two parents and bunches of siblings, all of which care for her. All I had was a mom who always buried herself in her work, hardly ever looking my way." I sigh, and Skylar tilts her head to the side.

"But you cheated on Spencer too." 

"Ah, so you do know Teddy Duncan."

"Yeah...she's my fiance's sister." Skylar says awkwardly.

"I guess this means your going to tell her then?" I question and she frowns.

"Don't you want to? I mean, she is your sister." she says, and I laugh dryly.

"Are you kidding me? I would love to tell her before I die, but that's the thing; what's the point of telling her just days before I die? Besides, I don't even know where she is now. She could be on the other side of the world for all I know." I mumble. "My world has already collapsed, why makes her's do the same?" I ask, resting my chin in my palms.

"I'm sure that she would want to know that you're her sister. I just think that she would want to know from you, not from some piece of paper after you're already gone." Skylar says. "I know that I would want to know."

"Like I said before, I don't even have her numb-"

"I do. I also know where she lives." Skylar interrupts me and I sigh.

"You must know her better than I do, do you really think that she would want to meet her long lost sister who also happens to be the person that ruined her life?" I ask and she frowns.

"You did not ruin her life."

"You didn't answer the question." I inform her, and she sighs.

"Yes, I  think one-hundred percent that she would want to meet with you." Skylar says confidently and I weigh my options. I will be dead in less than a week, what harm could it be to me? Easy question, none. The real question is, what harm would it do to Teddy? Even if I wasn't dying, I still wouldn't be the best sister. Although, Teddy does have the right to know who her real family is.

"Would you drive me there? I walked here." I say.

"Of course! Let me just tell my fiance real quick." she says and stands up from her seat. I watch as she walks over to a tall young man with crossed arms. Skylar tells him something and his entire face changes. He looks completely baffled, his eyes wide and mouth slightly agape. She talks to him some more, and he looks mad again. After some of what looks like persuasion, he finally nods and she kisses my on the cheek and races back over to me. "Ready to go?" Skylar asks, and I nod and grab my purse beside me while standing up.

"Yeah," I sigh and she flashes me a reassuring grin. We walk out of the mall and into the gigantic parking-lot. Skylar's fiance unlocks their car doors and I squeeze into the back seat, that I walked here.