Chapter thirty six

Teddy:POV

We sit in the dull waiting room, waiting to find out how my dearest little sister is. As soon as we walked into the hospital, she was instantly rushed into the emergency room. It's terrifying knowing that your little sister is in pain, and there is nothing that you can do about it. For the past twenty minutes, mom has been talking to the doctor about god knows what. I wish that my dad had a phone that way we could contact him and tell him what happened to Charlie. All of my siblings are nervously awaiting to hear the news about how Charlie is, and Ivy's daughter suddenly bursts into tears. "I'll be back in a bit." Pj says, and takes Teddy out into the hallway. I take out my phone to call Ivy, and tell her that Teddy is with us, so she doesn't worry when she gets home.

"Hello?"

"Hey, it's Teddy. I just wanted to call and let you know that Teddy is with us in the hospital." I explain with a sigh.

"What, Is she okay?" Ivy asks frantically, and I tuck a strand of my hair behind my hair.

"It's not Teddy, it's...Charlie." I say, and she gasps over the phone.

"What happened?" She yells, and I stare at the white tile floor beneath me.

"She knocked her head on my dresser. We haven't gotten any news back from the doctor yet, but it looks pretty bad." I say, my eyes watering.

"Do you want me to come?" Ivy asks.

"No, that's alright." I reassure her. I'll probably end up helping my parents pay for the hospital bills, and I maybe need to ask Ivy for some extra cash. I already feel awful for burdening her with my mess of a life, and now I may need to ask her for money.

"Alright, tell me if you change your mind. Bye T." Ivy says, and I hang up and stuff my phone back into my pocket. I run a hand through my hair, and Gabe looks over to me.

"Do you think that Charlie is going to be okay?" Gabe asks, a tear falling from his face.

"Are you crying?" I ask softly, and he down at little Toby in his arms.

"No, my eyes are just sweating." He says, as he wipes a tear from his eye.

"To answer your question honestly? I don't know." I shrug, and Pj walks back in. Teddy is now sleeping, and I can tell that Pj is relieved. Mom walks back into the waiting room, with a frown. A thousand thoughts run through my head, and I can't help but assume the worst.

"How is she?" I ask, standing up from the uncomfortable plastic chair.

"Well, she has a concussion. It's not too bad but, she will have to take medicine for the next month." Mom says, and I sigh a breath of relief.

"Well, that's better than it could have been." I say, and she nods.

"Can I see her?" Pj asks, and mom gives him a small nod.

"One at a time." She says, and Pj walks into Charlie's hospital room, and I walk over to my mom.

"How expensive are the hospital bills going to be?" I ask nervously, and mom sighs.

"Three thousand." I gasp, and my eyes widen in shock.

"I didn't know that it could be that expensive." I say, and furrow my eyebrows.

"Yeah, luckily we have health insurance, so that will definitely help." Mom says, and I run a hand through my hair. Pj walks out of the hospital room, and I sigh. Here we go. I walk inside of the room, and see Charlie laying down on the bed, with furrowed eyebrows. I hate to see her in pain, it is absolutely awful. I sit down on the bed right next to her, and give her a small smile.

"How are you feeling?" I ask, and she frowns.

"My head hurts." Charlie says as she rubs her head. I frown, and hold her tiny hand.

"I'm sorry, honey. But, want to know what? They are going to give you medicine, and it will be all better." I say, and give her a small smile. She gives me a small nod, and stares at the bed sheets. I sigh and stand up.

"I love you." I say, and blow her a kiss.

"I love you too."

Bob:POV

It"s been several hours since I have officially won the company car, and I'm about to head home. Well, the hotel, not home. I walk out into the parking lot and stare at Teddy's car. How am I going to get it back to her if I'm going to drive my new car home? I wish had a cell phone that way I could ask Teddy to walk over here and drive her car back. I decide to come back for Teddy's car later, and hop into my new car. I can't wait to tell Amy about the new car! I drive back to the cheap motel, and park the car. I walk inside and take the elevator to our room. I take out the key card, and shove it in the slot. I walk inside, and I'm the only one in the room. Where did everybody go? They probably went to Teddy's place. 

I walk back out of the room, and back into the elevator. Before I know it, I'm back inside of the car, and parked at Teddy's house. I step out of the car, and knock on the door. No one responds. I can't think of anywhere else they might be. I sigh, and look around. Where did my family go? I see a car drive up to the driveway, and Ivy steps out.

"Mr. Duncan, what are you doing here?" She asks, and walks towards me.

"Where is everyone?" I ask, and she sighs.

"They're at the hospital."

"What are they doing there?" I ask frantically, and she looks down. I don't even give her the chance to respond before I'm already back in the car, and on my way to the hospital. 

What happened? Is it anything serious? And, who are these questions even directed to? I park my car in the parking lot, and quickly get out. I run inside of of the hospital, and see everyone but Charlie sitting in the waiting room. "What happened?" I ask, and they all look up.

"Charlie hit her head on the dresser at Teddy's house and has a concussion. It's not severe, but it's really serious.' Amy explains, and I sigh.

"Can I go see her?" I ask, and Amy nods.

"Room 126." She says, and I give her a nod in acknowledgement. I keep walking along the narrow hallway, and feel a bit claustrophobic. I finally come across Charlie's room, and breathe out a small sigh. I don't really know what to expect as my hand touches the knob of the door. I open the creaky wooden door, and there I see my daughter sleeping on the white hospital bed. I walk over to her ad frown. It's a terrible feeling to see your little girl in a hospital bed. I wish that I could talk to her, ask her how she's feeling, instead of just watching her lay on this uncomfortable hospital bed. I stand up and quietly walk out and close the door. I walk over to Amy and ask to talk to her in private.

"What's the damage going to be?" I ask her, and she sighs.

"Before insurance, it's about three thousand dollars." Amy says, and I cringe and pinch the bridge of my nose.

"She's going to be okay, right?" I ask, and she nods.

"Yes, but she will have to take medication for the next month." Amy says, and I nod.

"When will she be released?" 

"In a few hours." She says, and I sigh.

"Alright." I say, and we walk back over to the waiting room.