Chapter forty

Chapter forty, yay!

----------------------------------------------

Spencer:POV

I grab the bouquet of roses from the couch, and adjust my bow tie. The place that I'm taking Olivia is this fancy five star Italian restaurant, that I can't pronounce the name of. I look in the mirror one last time, ans start to worry about my attire. Will she hate it, will she love it? I have no way of knowing right at this minute, I guess I'll just have to go and find out. I'm actually really nervous, I haven't been on a first date in a long time. I walk out of my apartment door, and step right in front of Olivia's door, and knock. She opens the door, and I hand her the bouquet of roses.

"Wow, thanks, they're beautiful." she says, and I smile.

"Ready to go?" I ask, and she nods and takes my hand. We through the hallway, and into the elevator.

"So, where are we going?" Olivia asks.

"It's a really nice Italian place." I say, and she frowns, but quickly fakes a smile.

"Cool." We walk into the lobby, and out the door. The street noise greets us, and I cringe. I really wish that New York wasn't so loud, but it is one of the most popular city's in the country. "Don't you just love New York? The lights are so beautiful, and there's always something to do." Olivia says, and I shrug.

"It's okay. I mean, it's kind of noisy." I say, and she looks at me.

"I would rather it be really loud, than deadly quiet." She says, and I furrow my eyebrows, and stay silent. Why would anyone not love silence? If you were to ask me wether I would want to live here, or live at somewhere that's quiet, and peaceful, then I would always choose the more quiet. I shiver at the cold air, and wish that I could live somewhere warm instead. I hold the door open for her, and she walks into the fairly big restaurant. She thanks me, and I give her a small nod. I walk over to the hostess to check out reservations, and she leads us to our table. I pull out her chair, and she thanks me again. I sit down across from her, and smile.

"So, do you have any siblings?" I ask.

"Just one little sister, you?" She asks, and I shake my head no.

"I'm an only child." I say, and she nods, and looks down.

"If you could live anywhere, where would you want to live?" I ask, and she shoots me a big smile.

"I honestly love living here. Ever since I was a little girl, this is where I've wanted to be here, I'm a huge city girl." Olivia tells me, and I fake a smile.

"I've always wanted to live in a quite part of Florida. I think it's a great place to live, but I've only been there once, and that was years ago." I start to think of Teddy, and remember how badly she wanted to live in Florida. No matter how hard I tried, I could not stop thinking of Teddy.

Teddy:POV

I've been working on choosing an outfit for the last ten minutes for my date with Beau, and still haven't decided what to wear. I slip on a robe, and walk out of my room. "Can you help me pick an outfit out?" I ask Ivy, and she nods walking into my room.

"Are you excited?" Ivy asks, as she shuffles through my closet.

"Yeah, I am. I'm really nervous though, I haven't been on a date in forever." I say, and put a hand on my hip.

"Jeez T, no zebra stripes, no leopard print?" She questions, as she looks through my closet in disgust.

"No, unlike you, I don't like wearing animals." I say, and look through my closet with her.

"What about this?" Ivy asks, and takes out a grey shirt that says, "Live Love Laugh".

"That's perfect, and can't believe that I didn't see that!" I say, and grab the shirt from her hands.

"And these jeans?" She asks, an stakes out a black pair of jeans.

"Yes! Thanks Ivy." I thank her, and she gives me a smile before walking out to let me change. I quickly change, and walk over to my mirror in the corner. I look at my hair and smile. Thank god I'm not having a bad hair day today. I give myself a thumbs up into the mirror, before running out.

"You look great!" Ivy says, and I smile.

"Thanks. You don'tthink that the curly hair is too much for a first date, do you?" I ask nervously, and she laughs.

"T, you look fine." Ivy reassures me, and I smile.

"I'm sorry. I'm just really nervous." I say, and look out the window. "I haven't been on a first date in a long time." I laugh lightly, and look up at the clock. "Is that really the time? I have to go, bye Ivy!" I yell, as I walk out the door. I drive as quickly as I can to Steak N' Shake, and I can see storm clouds from the corner of my eye. Sometimes it can be really frustrating to live in Denver, it's always a bit gloomy. I would much rather live somewhere warm, and quiet. I park in the parking lot, and run into the small restaurant. I shiver, and look around for Beau. He waves over to me, and he's sitting at a small booth. "Hi, Beau!" I say cheerfully, as I sit across from him.

"Hey, Teddy!" He says, and shoots me a smile.

"So, how has your day been?" I ask, as I take my jacket off.

"It's been good, I went to my little sister's school play today." Beau says.

"I have a little sister too! How old is yours?" I ask him, snd tuck a strand of hair behind my ear.

"Amber is twelve." He says, and I nod.

"Mine is only four. but I do have more siblings. Three more actually." I laugh, and Beau's eyes widen.

"That's a lot of siblings." Beau says, with a small laugh.

"Trust me, I know."

"So, what do you like to do?" He asks me, and I think for a moment.

"Well, I like to write poetry." I say, and he tilts his head to the side.

"Really? What do you like to write about?" He asks me, and I blush.

"My life." I reply, and he nods.

"That's awesome! I like to take long walks, it really helps me think, you know?"

"Yeah, I do." My phone rings, and I take it out of my pocket. "Will you excuse me for a minute?" I ask, and walk by the bathrooms, and answer it without looking at the caller ID. "Hello?"

"Teddy? It's me...Spencer."