Just "Lunch"

Teddy:POV]

"Hello, my name is Ashlyn and I'll be your waitress today. Do you two know what you want to drink?" our waitress asks me and Ms. Plume.

"I'll just have a water." Ms. Plume tells her.

"I'll have the same." I inform her, and she writes down our orders before walking away.

"How is your life, Teddy? You mentioned have kids?" Ms. Plume asks me and I rest my hands on the fancy metal table. I tried to persuade her to go somewhere not as...expensive.

"Uh yeah, I have twin girls." I say awkwardly and she smiles.

"Really? What are their names?" Ms. Plume asks me.

"Ariella and Hadley." I say, and she nods in approval.

"Those are gorgeous names." she complements my the names of my children.

"Thank you." I say politely. This is surprisingly a lot less awkward than I thought it would be. I honestly expected this to be one of the most unpleasant lunches of my life, but it's actually quite nice.

"Do you have a husband?" Ms. Plume asks me, and I nod.

"Yes, his name is Spencer." 

"How long have you two been together?" she asks and I sigh.

"Well, before we were married, we were on and off for a while. Marriage wise, we've been married for almost three years." I say, and it feels like the air is taken out of my lungs. I've almost been married to Spencer for three years already? 

"Wow." she says.

Two hours later...

"I can't believe that you went to lunch with that woman." Spencer says. I just finished explaining my lunch with Ms. Plume to Spencer. It feels weird calling her Ms. Plume, but it feel even weirder calling her "Mom".

"She's actually pretty nice." I say. I suddenly hear one of the twins start to cry, and I stand up to attend to them. I walk to their room, and pick Hadley up. I bring her out of the room quickly so she doesn't accidentally wake up her sister.

"Is she hungry?" Spencer asks, and I nod.

"Probably." I tell him, and head over to the kitchen.

Several minutes later, I'm done feeding Hadley and I'm sitting at the table with Spencer. "So, what are you going to do now?" Spencer asks, and I look down at the table.

"I have to forgive Kate." I state, and he looks at me with crazy eyes.

"Er, why?" he asks me cautiously, and I cross my arms.

"Kate was telling the truth, that means that she actually is dying. I only have a week left to forgive her, and I'm not going to waste one more second." I quip, determined. I sit up from my chair, the legs of the seat making a loud screeching noise. "Now, call Skylar and Pj and ask if they can babysit while we're gone." I demand, and he looks at me weird.

"Um...why?" he asks me suspiciously.

"So our almost one year old children aren't home alone, duh." I say obviously.

"Wait, where are we going?" Spencer asks completely confused. 

"Oh my...Spencer, we're going to the hospital to visit Kate!" I yell  annoyed, and I quickly scramble to put my jacket on.

"Oh, okay." he says as he slowly walks over to the couch to put his shoes on. He calls Pj and Spencer while he does so, asking them if they can babysit for a while. "Really? Okay, thanks. Hmm. Bye." I hear parts of his conversationg before he hangs up.