Chapter twenty eight

Teddy:POV

"Oh Teddy." My mom sniffles. I had just finished telling them everything that's happened. Except for Pj, I want that to be a surprise

"It's honestly okay. It's in the past, and right now I couldn't be happier." A say, a tear escaping my eye.

"You know... I have plenty of weapons in here if you need me to teach that Josh a lesson." Dad says, and I laugh.

"You know, I might just take you up on that offer." I joke, and smile.

"And you said that Charlie and Toby are okay, right?" Mom asks again, and I nod.

"I promise you, they are perfectly fine." I reassure her, and she smiles. I still can't believe that my family is right here, alive.

"I've told you what has happened to me, now explain the hurricane incident to me." I say, and mom and dad look at each other.

Gabe:POV

Flashback...

I grabbed my backpack, ready to go to prison, I mean school. I walk down stairs, and hear the wind blowing violently outside.

"What the?" I mumble, as I walk over to the window. Outside I see the trees shaking, and dark grey clouds.

"Gabe, get away from the window!" My Dad yells, fully dressed in his work uniform. I take a step back from the window, and turn to see my mom run in from the basement.

"Come on, we have to get out of this house right now!" Dad yells, as a warning siren starts to go off from the outside.

"What about Teddy?" I ask. I remember her yelling through the house that she was going for a walk.

"And Toby and Charlie?" My mom asks, tears falling from her eyes.

"It's not safe, there's no time!" He yells, and starts to make his way to the back door.

"There's always time! I'll go upstairs and get Charlie, and Bob you go get To-" She's cut off, by the staircase collapsing.

"We'll be dead if we even try." I say, trying to process the situation. Don't get me wrong, I would go there and save Charlie and Toby myself, but it's not an option now.

"Where will we go?" Mom sobs, and dad grabs her hand.

"As long as we're not here we'll be safe, I promise." He says, and I don't even notice that I'm crying, until I go to wipe my eyes. She nods, and we all bolt out the door, not grabbing anything except for what was in our pockets.

End of flash back...

Dad finishes explaining, and Teddy is crying by the end. Every since Teddy walked in, I've been trying not to freak out. That's my problem I guess. I under react to things, when inside I'm actually really happy. I don't know how this happens. Honestly, right now, all I want to do is go over there and hug my older sister, but something is preventing me from doing just that.

"Wow." Teddy whispers, wiping the tears from her eyes. When she was telling everyone what had happened to who since the hurricane, tears were silently running down my face but, luckily no one noticed.

"You have to understand Teddy, we wanted to save you, and Charlie, and Toby, but we just...couldn't." Dad says, and Teddy nods her head.

"I understand." Teddy says, and I feel confused. If I were her, I would be outraged.

"Wait...theres one more thing." She says, and Mom and Dad furrow their eyebrows.

"Yes?" Mom asks, wiping tears from her eyes. Ever since Teddy walked in, Mom hasn't stopped crying.

"Am...am I adopted?" Teddy asks, looking Mom in the eye, and I see both Mom and Dad's face go pale.

What?

"What would make you think that?" Dad asks nervously, and Mom eyes are wide open.

"Ms.Plume, the one who tried to take Charlie away, she said things about me, and one of the things that she said was that I was adopted, and she was right about everything else. It's true isn't it?" Teddy asks, and I sit there, shocked. I never thought of any possibility that anyone from our family is adopted, especially not Teddy. She looks just like Mom! If anyone was to be adopted, it would probably be me.

"Well..." Mom trails off, looking at the ground.

"It is true!" Teddy yells, and stands up. "Why didn't you tell me?" She asks, her lip trembling.

"We were going to tell you, we just...didn't know how." Mom whispers, and I see Teddy ball her hands into fists.

"That's crap, and you know it! You've had nineteen years to think about how to tell me!" She yells, and Mom gasps, and I'm shocked too. Last time I saw Teddy she was a goody two-shoes.

"I know, but we kept putting it off! We were afraid to tell you." Dad says, and Teddy sits back down.

"Why were you scared to tell me?" She asks, and Dad sighs.

"We were afraid that after we told you, you wouldn't look at us the same way." Mom says, and I stand there with my eyes widened. Teddy sighs, and shakes her head.

"Blood related or not, you all will always be my family." Teddy reassures us. We all sit in silence for a while. "Come with me." Teddy says, and stands up.

"Where are we going?" I ask, and Teddy looks a bit shocked. That is the first thing that I said since she arrived.

"I am going to go take you all to see someone you guys haven't seen in quite a while." She smiles, and and walks out, as we follow behind her.