02 - The House

I walked off the plane in to the busy airport close to my mums side. Mum and I made our way to baggage claim. Once we had our bags we walked outside to the car park. My mum had organised a taxi to meet us here so when we walked out side their was a car waiting. We got in and she gave the driver the address.

The drive there was nerve-racking. All I want to do is to look at the house and get to know my new suburb. When we arrived I quickly jumped out of the car and looked at our home before grabbing my suitcase. I looked at my mum I really wanted to look at the house.

"Can I go look?" I asked with a smile on my face as I bounced slightly on the balls of my feet.

"Go on" Mum said. I ran in to the house eager to explore my new home. It was two stories, but so far I had only discovered what was on the first floor. There was a large kitchen with an island bench and if you were to stand at the sink you could look into our pool! A big lounge room with a huge flat screen TV and a dinning room. There was also a study, which I assumed would be my mums office. There was also a bathroom.

I made my way upstairs. I turned to the left and walked into the first room next to the stairs. It. Was. Huge! It had a walk in robe and an ensuite. I worked out this was my mums room and left quickly because I was on a mission to find my room. I walked in to the room at the end of the hall way. It was way smaller than my mums room. The walls were plain white and all it had was a bed and a chest of draws. I think this is the spare room. I shut the door behind me as I walked out. I walked it into the door right near the spare room, it was the bath room. I shut the door not really interested in looking at the bathroom. I walked to the only door I hadn't been in. It was directly across from my mums room.

I opened the door to reveal a bed room similar size to my Mums, except it didn't have the walk in robe or ensuite. The room was beautiful. It had one sky blue coloured wall which my bed was pressed against. I also had a desk and a book case pressed against the wall the door was on. On the wall opposite the door was a large window which looked over the backyard. I also had cupboards for my clothes on the wall behind the door. It was beautiful. More than I could of dreamed of.

I quickly ran down stairs and into the kitchen where my Mum was. I ran up to her and threw my arms around her.

"Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!" I hugged her tightly.

"I'm guessing you like it" She smiled at me as I pulled away.

"I love it!" I said.

"Good. Now, go start unpacking your things and I'll order dinner?"

"Okie Dokie" I told her with a smile. I ran off to get my suit case. I dragged it up the hard wood stairs and in to my new room. I put the suit case on my bed, after I put my phone on my new docking station on my desk. I put all my music on shuffle and Radioactive came on. I danced around my room putting things where I wanted to have them and putting my clothes in my cupboard. Once I was finished I put my suit case under my bed and I laid back on my new bed just listening to my music.

Mum came in telling me that dinner was here. I walked down stairs to the amazing smell of pizza.

"Pizza! Yum!" I grabbed a piece and started eating. My mum and I sat at the island bench eating pizza and just talking about things. Nothing in general, just random things. I feel like I haven't spoken to my mum lately and I feel terrible. But now that we are in Sydney I can change that. We can hang out together a lot more and we can be there for each other, instead of her being not in the mood to do anything because her and dad were fighting and she was pissed off because of it.

Once we had ate the pizza Mum threw the pizza box in the bin. It was now 9 pm and we were both wrecked from moving, so we said goodnight and went to bed. It was the beginning of the school holidays here in Sydney and I was thankful for that.