24 - Happy Birthday

I was just making myself a cup of tea to take up stairs to drink while I sat alone in my room on my birthday but I was interrupted by my phone ringing. I pulled it out of my pocket. It was Ashton calling. I checked behind my shoulder before answering it.

"Hello?" I said quietly not wanting my Mum to hear.

"Hey Liv, I'm coming over in about an half an hour. Bye" Was all he said before hanging up. What the hell was that? My mum walked into the kitchen wearing her nurses uniform and I quickly shoved my phone in my pocket.

"I'm going now, see you tomorrow morning. Oh, happy birthday by the way" She said as she picked up her hand bag. She walked out of the house and slammed the door on the way out. I tried talking to her this morning about my Dad but she wouldn't listen.

I finished making my cup of tea and walked up stairs. I went on Tumblr for a while until there was a knock at the door. I ran down stairs and opened the door. It was Ashton. I gave him a hug and invited him inside. "Happy Birthday" He said. "Now I'm here for a reason, you need to get dressed up because Luke is taking you out"

"Aw, really? Where to?" I asked Ashton with a big smile, but he just shook his head.

"Nope. No telling. Now go upstairs and get ready because we are leaving at 8 o'clock." He told me. I groaned. I ran upstairs quickly and Ashton followed. We walked into my room, Ashton followed close behind.

"Can you give me a hint? So I know what I should wear" I begged. Ashton smirked.

"Well, it might be a bit cold so wear some jeans and a shirt I guess. Oh and it also might be a bit windy" I nodded.

"Okay well I'm going to shower quickly, won't be long" I smiled at him. I quickly ran to the bathroom. I showered quickly before I wrapped the towel around my body as I dried my hair. I walked back down the hallway to my bedroom.

"Okay, I'm getting dressed now. So out" I said with as I pointed my thumb to the door. Ashton laughed as he walked out. I quickly put on a bra and undies before I walked over to my closet. I picked out my high waisted skinny jeans and put on a black peplum shirt that showed off my curves perfectly. I grabbed my makeup bag. I put on some mascara and eyeliner. I put on some chap-stick before putting my makeup bag away.

"You done yet? We gotta go soon" Ashton said as he knocked on my door.

"Yeah. You can come back in now" Ashton walked back in to my room as I picked out my fully black converse. I slipped on some socks before slipping on my shoes. I stood up and turned to Ashton.

"How do I look?" I asked. Ashton smiled at me.

"You look great" He said. I walked over to my bedside table and picked up my phone. I placed it in my pocket before turning back to Ashton.

"Let's go" I smiled at him. We went down stairs quickly. I shoved my keys in my pocket before locking the door and walking to the car in the drive way. I got into the passenger seat as Ashton got into the seat next to me. We put on our seat belts before pulling out of the drive way. Ashton turned the radio on and we started singing along to whatever song it was.

After about twenty minutes of driving we pulled into a car park at the beach. Luke was standing over at the railing that overlooks the beach. "Here we are. Have fun, okay. And have an amazing birthday" Ashton said with a warm smile.

"Thanks heaps Ash" I said as I returned his smile. I got out of the car. As the door closed Luke turned around. He smiled widely at me as I walked up to him. He walked over to me. He wrapped his arms around my waist and I wrapped my arms around his neck.

"Happy Birthday Beautiful" He said with a big smile before kissing me softly. "Come on" He said and grabbed my hand. He lead me down the stairs that lead to the beach. We walked down to the beach and there was a picnic rug along with a blanket. "You did this?" I turned to Luke who was standing behind me. He had an adorable grin on his face. He nodded. I pulled him closer to me and hugged him.

Luke grabbed my hand and led me down to the picnic rug. We sat down. As the air around us turned cold and that's when I realised that I had left my jumper in Ashton's car. I started to shiver as Luke pulled the blanket around us.

"You cold?" He asked as he pulled me closer to him. I nodded and Luke pulled his jumper off before he gave it to me. I put the jumper on and snuggled closer into Luke's side. We laid back and looked at the stars above us. Luke pulled me closer as he wrapped his arms around my waist. I laid my head on his shoulder, this was such a perfect moment.

Luke started to sing softly in my ear as we laid together. I looked up to Luke and smiled. He returned it before he covered my lips with his. Once he pulled away I began I giggle as he started to press kisses all of my face.

"I have a present for you" He told me.

"You didn't need to get me anything" I said as I shook my head as we sat up. Luke reached into his pocket and pulled out a small square box. He handed it to me. I opened the box and there was a silver bracelet with two charms on it. A heart and an O, for Olivia. It was so beautiful. I looked up at Luke who was smiling down at me. I wrapped my arms around his neck and hugged him.

"Thank you" I said. I kissed his cheek. "Thank you so much! I love it" I kissed him quickly.

"You didn't turn it over" He whispered. He grabbed the heart charm lightly in his fingers and turned it over. On the other side it wrote 'I wish to always be beside you, I Love you. Luke xx'. My heart skipped a beat. He loves me? I was beginning to get slightly worried that he didn't feel the same way as I do because I love him too. It's true. I love Luke Hemmings. I kissed him again.

"Olivia, I love you" He told me and I smiled at him

"I love you Luke, so much" I whispered as I leant my forehead against his. His face lit up with a big smile before he kissed me again. I pulled away. "Would you put it on for me?" I asked him. He nodded and took the bracelet from my hands. He put it on my right wrist, It's absolutely beautiful! I kissed him again and we laid back on the picnic rug again. I pulled away and he pouted playfully. I pecked his lips and laughed at him.

"I love you Olivia" He told me again and I smiled before kissing him again. I will never forget tonight because it was the first time we told each other that we love each other. We started talking as Luke began to play with my hair. "Do you want to go and get something to eat?" Luke asked me after a while of silence. I nodded. "Let me text Ashton" Luke pulled out his phone. I looked up at the stars. This is such a perfect night. It has been the best time I've spent with Luke. I love him so much that I can't even put it in to words and I am so happy that he feels the same way.

"Ashton is going to be here soon" He smiled to me. He kissed me again. The kiss deepened and I tangled my fingers in his hair. He pulled away and it was now my turn to pout. He laughed. "Come on, Ashton will be here soon" We sat up from laying down and I turned to him and smiled. He smiled back before pressing his lips to my cheek.

"Thank you for this," I told him. "It was amazing. I love you so much" I kissed him once more.

"I love you" He smiled as he looked me in the eye. "Come on" He smiled as he stood up. He gave me his hand and helped me up. I picked up the blanket and Luke picked up the picnic rug. Luke grabbed my hand and entwined our fingers. We walked back up the beach and up the stairs. We leant against the railing where I first saw Luke earlier tonight.

Luke and I put the rug and blanket down on one of the picnic tables near the railing. I walked over to the railing. I looked out over the beach and up at the stars and moon, it was a really pretty sight. Luke wrapped his arms around my waist and rested his head on my shoulder.

"I love you beautiful" he whispered in my ear. I felt butterflies erupted in my stomach as he spoke the words. Every time he has said those words tonight my stomach gets those butterflies.

"I love you" I whispered back as we looked out at the amazing scene in front of us.

"That's going on twitter" We heard someone say. We turned around quickly and it was Ashton. I didn't even hear him pull into the car park. Luke and I picked up the rug and blanket before walking over to Ashton's car.

© xKelsey5SOSx