16 - Big News

"Hey... You know you have never told me your birthday" Luke said as he ate toast. I laughed at his random statement as I made my vegemite toast because we were out of Milo cereal which is very disappointing. "Well, it's the 28th of May" I grinned at him. "When's your's?" I asked him. "July 16th" He said as he took another bite of toast.

"I can't believe we go back to school tomorrow" Luke frowned before taking another bite of toast.

"Yeah I know. I'm really nervous though" I told him. I sat down next to Luke at the breakfast bar bench and started eating my toast.

"Don't be nervous beautiful. Everyone will love you" Luke told me before kissing my temple. We finished eating our breakfast and placed our dishes in the sink.

"Hey, I have to go to Calum's place today" Luke said. "So I'm going to head home in about an hour to have a shower and put some clean clothes on before heading back here to Calum's" He said.

"Okay" I nodded. We walked up to my room and talked about anything and everything for a little while. We started to laugh about our water fight yesterday. Soon I was the only one laughing, I stopped and looked up to Luke who was leaning against the head board of my bed smiling down at me.

"You're beautiful" He told me. I felt my cheeks go red as I looked away embarrassed. Luke's fingers lightly guided me to look back at him. I looked into Luke's blue eyes and could feel butterflies erupt in my stomach as he looked back at me. "I mean it" He said before kissing me softly. Luke pulled away, I rested my head against his forehead.

He began to pepper kisses all over my face and I giggled at his actions. I slid down from sitting next to Luke and laid down on my bed. Luke smiled at me again and kissed my nose. I smiled at Luke before I closed my eyes as I took in this playful moment with him. When I opened my eyes Luke was kneeling above me with a cheeky grin on his lips.

"What are you doing?" I laughed at him. Luke placed his hands on either side of my head before leaning down to me. He kissed my lips and made a trail of kisses to my ear.

"Are you ticklish?" He whispered as he grazed his lips on my ear. I shivered under his touch.

"No! Don't you even-" I was cut off by my laughs as Luke tickled my sides. "LUKE! STOP!" I screamed as he continued to tickle me. I quickly grabbed Luke's hands and flipped him over, so now I was on top of him.

"I like it better this way" Luke winked at me. I started to laugh again and Luke joined me. I leant down and kissed him again. "What time are you going?" I asked as I moved next to Luke. He pulled me closer to him.

"In about 15 minutes" He told me. For the remainder of time that Luke and I spent together we talked and joked around. "I better go" He said as he checked his phone.

"Why don't I walk you home, I mean it's the least I can do" I said remembering when I had that awful dream.

"If you want to you can, but you don't have to" He told me as he slipped his shoes on.

"I want to" I said as I jumped up from my bed. I slipped on some shoes quickly and met Luke at my bedroom door. "Let's go" I said as I slipped my phone in my pocket. We walked down stairs and out the front door. Luke grabbed my hand a laced our fingers together. It was perfect.

"I will see you tomorrow" Luke smiled at me once we reached his house.

"Okay, sounds good" I smiled at him. He leant down and kissed me quickly.

"Bye beautiful, don't be nervous about tomorrow. I know you will be fine there" he whispered before pecking me on the lips. I pulled him close and hugged him.