Without You.

Without you in my life,
I'd slowly wilt and die.
But with you by my side,
You're the reason I'm alive.
But with you in my life,
You're the reason I'm alive.
But without you, without you...
"Without You" // Mötley Crüe.

Freezing, I bring my knees to my chest, sitting miserably on my bed. I deserve to be cold, to feel this way, & to want to die.
My son is dead.
The doctor came to Hyde & I like this,"I'm so, so sorry, but your son has passed away. I know this is a lot to take in, but we believe he just simply stopped breathing.-"
From that point on, I stopped listening. I had been outside of that door for hours, waiting for them to assure us our baby would be okay. That's all I wanted to hear.
I let him down.
As I recall the memory, I continue sobbing, my heart being torn to pieces over and over again. It feels like someone ran over my heart, shredded it on repeat, & drowned it in an ingredient called "emptiness."
I can honestly say that I would go through endless torture from William to have John be revived.
I would do anything to have my baby again.
All of that happened a week ago, but it feels like it just happened. I can remember every detail vividly.
Since then, I haven't eaten or done much of anything. Hyde & I haven't even spoken. I know he's just as devastated as I am.
My throat becomes tight, restraining me from anything other than breaking down in tears. Again, my heart becomes soaked with depression as I think about John.
Without him, I'm meaningless.