Canada

Logan and I had traveled to Canada. He wanted to find out why he had the Adamantium in body. I couldn't help him because I didn't know why. Even Xavier didn't know how to help him.

We had finally traveled to the upper parts of Canada where the climate was below freezing. It didn't bother Logan and it certainly didn't bother me. My fur was so thick since I was a wolf that I could sustain much cooler temperatures than that.

The only thing that bothered me was the way Logan acted. He seemed to be a wolf on a hunt. Since only one in ten hunts is successful he was prowling about like an animal. He sniffed the air and I pricked my ears. It wasn't easy looking for something that I clearly thought didn't exist.

A snarl suddenly sounded and I lifted my head. I lowered into crouch and Logan's claws shot out. "What is it girl," he asked as he lowered beside me, ready to strike.

"I-I smell something," I reply as my super senses kicked in. A creak of a broken branch caught my attention and I pressed against Logan's leg. "Now I hear something."

A howl sounded and I felt a rush of fur. A pure black Claw Wolf soared through the air and smacked my flank. I landed face first into the snow. I spat out mouthfuls of the white stuff before leaping for the wolf. I sunk my claws into the wolf's haunch and tired to drag him back but it was useless.

He smacked his paw against my head and leaped on Logan's back and sunk his teeth into his neck.

"No," I wailed as I bolted forward. Another wolf leaped on my head and smashed it into the ground. The whole world went black.