Dagger's Imput

"Hello, leader of the X-Pack," murmured Dagger as he dipped his head to me.

I was laying on the basketball court, looking up at Lupus shinning bright. "Well hello to you two," I barked as I cuffed his ear and thrust him to the ground.

He rose to his paws, his ear ringing from the cuff. "Your companion idea actually became a trademark. I'm so glad."

"You helped it," I assured him as he laid beside me and began to groom my pelt as cats usually did to their friends.

"Yeah but you perfected it," he argued between licks as he tried to smooth out my ruffled head fur. I had been wrestling with Mirage and his illusions. It was difficult to tell what was real and what wasn't. He was becoming very powerful.

"I just hope that I can make everyone proud of the X-Pack," I sighed, doubt filling my mind.

He let out a sharp hiss. "Of course you will. When has the great Starlight been afraid of failing."

He did have a point and I just rolled my eyes. "Thanks for everything."

"Of course," he purred as he shoved his nose into my cheek. "You are my best friend and I'd do anything for you and your friends."

"Even Thruster?"

Dagger froze before lashing his tail. "I'm glad you found a mate in Thruster. I wish it had been me but it never would have worked. You and Thruster will have countless rotations together as X-Pack alphas."

I smiled and stroked my tongue against his cheek. "You'll always be my best friend and I'll always come to you for guidance," I assured him.

"Thanks," he muttered as he curled beside me and I felt his warmth as he pressed closer to me. "I just wish I could still be alive and be part of the X-Pack program."

"You'll always be a member in my eyes. Besides Storm will never take another companion," I argued, praying that I was right. "You meant too much to her."

Dagger yawned as he rested his head on my shoulders as he curled on my back as I turned over. "It's alright if she does. I just want her to be happy. That is all any companion wants is for their human to be happy."

I curled into a ball and closed my eyes. "And that is our only downfall. We want to please too many people."