More Pups

Mirage leaped around with Poultice behind him. Poultice spread his wings and flew toward me. He dropped behind me but not before peeking over my shoulder.

"You're not playing hide-and-go-seak, are you," I asked him. He nodded and I rolled my eyes before letting out a snort. "There's no place to hide here."

"There is you now shhh," he urged as he thrust my head down to act like I saw sniffing the ground. I let out a grumble but didn't argue. Although this was strange it was not unheard of for wolves to do it.

"Do you know where he is," asked a beautiful russet pup with striking green eyes. Her name was Mirra, meaning faith in Wolf Latin. We'd need faith to get through this battle with the pups.

"I can smell him," barked her brother, a dark gray wolf with dark blue eyes named Keen.

Nightsecret had died in birth and now the pups were motherless and fatherless. They were old enough now to becoming training wolves and I knew that I would hold their ceremony another day.

Mirage leaped over the pups and sniffed the air but didn't detect anything. "He had to be somewhere. He must be hiding somewhere to hide his scent."

I noticed Poultice giggling behind me and I had to stop myself from laughing to since his fur was tickling my neck. I kept my head low although my neck was beginning to cramp.

"Over there," howled Mirra as she pointed her paws toward me. "Maybe we can ask her if she has seen Poultice."

Keen spread his wings and all three of them flew forward. They halted with their paws scraping at the ground. They halted at me and looked up. "Have you seen Poultice?"

I shook my head. "I'm afraid I have not. Have you checked Thruster's den?"

Mirra was about to turn around but she suddenly turned her head. "He's behind you Starlight," she sighed.

"How do you know," I asked although I already knew.

"Because my mutant power is that I can detect life," she told me as her eyes gleamed. She was very pleased of her mutant power while her brother was not.

"Why does she have such an important power," asked Keen as he narrowed his eyes at Mirra.

"Yours is very special," argued Mirage. "You can turn invisible and blink other places."

Keen wasn't so sure, I could tell. Poultice let out a howl and leaped onto Keen's shoulder. Keen let out a growl and thrust soft paws against Poultice's cheek. Poultice laughed and stepped off of his friend.

"Alright," howled Thruster as he looked at the pups. "I have some herbs and berries for you!"

The pups let out yips as they bounded toward him. I shook my head and rolled my eyes. "More pups is not always a bad thing."