My Happy Ending

I sat at the shallow pool at the back of the school. We had come back to their home, my home too now I suppose. However I couldn't get the other wolves deaths out of my mind. My heart ached for them, for the lives that they never had.

"What are you thinking about?"

I turned my head and saw Thruster behind me. He strode toward me and sat beside me, nudging me affectionately. "Just thinking of Twistedfate and Silvermoon and everyone else."

Thruster nodded. "I've had vivid dreams about their deaths. It's very hard, I know," he murmured as he lowered his head and licked my shoulder.

He suddenly reached out a paw and placed it on mine. For once his paw was larger than mine because of his mutant power of flame and being larger.

"Starlight," he mumbled as he inclined his head forward to look into my blue flickering eyes. My tail began to thump the ground but I stretched out a paw to silence it. "I've known you for how many rotations now?"

"Too many to count," I rumbled as I looked down but he reached out a paw and gingerly urged my head back up to look into his strong (and handsome) green eyes. They blazed like a flame although his pelt was cool like dried ash. His white splashes were pure like snow with no hints of blood or scratches although the one along his shoulder would be visible forever.

"Well anyway the point is I've known you for a long time and I have gotten to know you," he began and I felt my heart begin to race. This only happened when I was around Dagger and now Thruster. "And I really like you. You are so much different from other she-wolves that I've met."

I tilted my head. "Good different or bad different."

He let out a chuckle. "Good different, I assure you. You remind me of Logan and I think he has rubbed off on you."

I rolled my eyes. "Well saying that's a good idea is up for debate."

He smiled and squeezed his eyes shut. "Starlight, I know that you have had a tough life and now you have find a great life here, at the school with Logan."

"Are you staying," I asked, feeling my heart quiver. I didn't want him to leave but I wasn't going to beg for him not to. That would seem unlike me.

"Of course," he assured, shocked at the thought of leaving. "I couldn't leave the Professor. He is my companion." He stretched out his paw and showed me his blazing orange crystal. "It told me so. Besides I couldn't leave you either."

I twitched my ears. Most of the time creatures wanted to leave because of me, not stay. That was very strange so I was wondering what he was going to ask me next.

He inched himself close to me and our eyes locked. I couldn't turn away and neither could he. "Starlight will you be my mate."

My ears flickered in shock. At first I couldn't say anything because my mouth was dry. I desperately wanted to speak and I didn't want Thruster to think that I was being rude.

His eyes were wild in hope and he truly wanted me to say yes.

"Y-Yes," I stammered when I was finally able to speak. My fur was puffing out as he inched closer.

He inclined his head and touched his nose to mine. I let out a rumble as our fur brushed and he licked my cheek as his tail wagged. Mine did too but not as noisily as his.

I lifted my head and saw the constellation to Lupus hanging above us. I knew that it was a sign that Dagger approved of my choice. I rested my head against Thruster's shoulder and we stayed their for a while and just looked at the constellations.