Too Much Information

"Silverpaw! Silverpaw! Silverpa-"

Twistedpaw turned and saw his best friend curled into a ball against the wall. Her paws were thrust over her ears and her eyes were flicking all over.

"Silverpaw," he cried. "Are you alright?!"

She shook her head. "Everytime I see someone I can see their whole life! Their horrors of what happened to them. It was hard enough stopping myself from locating every mutant on the planet and now I have to stop myself from seeing what happened in their past."

"You're a past reader," Twistedpaw explained as he settled beside her.

She lifted her head. "A past reader?"

He nodded. "Yep! They are extremely rare abilities but are usually passed from generation to generation to males. A female is almost unheard of."

"I was injected with the past reader genes. I don't even want them," she complained. She suddenly let out a cry as her past reader senses began to engulf her.

"Hey," growled Twistedpaw as he set a paw on her shoulder. "You just need to learn how to control it. I'll help you. Just concentrate on just me."

Silverpaw opened her eyes and tried to look at Twistedpaw. Memories flooded her of the beating and howls that he had gotten from his parents. She let out a wail and lowered back down with a groan.

"Okay too close," Twistedpaw mumbled as he licked her cheek.

I let out a sigh and bounded toward her. "Maybe I can help," I suggested as I lowered beside her. "I had the exact same problems. Its hard having super senses."

Silverpaw sniffed and seemed to perk up a bit. "So you really think that you can help me?"

I tapped her nose with my caw. "I'm sure of it."

"So what should I do first?"

"Concentrate on just you," I told her, remembering the same words that Muffler had recited to me when I was having trouble with my super senses. "Your breath, your fur, your life."

Silverpaw closed her eyes and puffed out her fur. I saw her breath begin to strain and then she released it. She then turned to me with her eyes brimming with hope. "I-It worked," she gasped.

I smiled and licked her ear. "I'm glad. Now try a bit further. Concentrate on the outside of me, not my memories. It's not polite to read people's memories."

She nodded and turned to me. She tilted her head and I shook my head to jiggle her throats. I didn't need her reading my memories. She suddenly just focused on my appearance before being able to look into my eyes which are the mirror into the soul.

"How's that," i asked her after a while.

"It worked," she yelped as she nearly did a flip. "It actually worked! Thanks Starlight."

I lowered my head and touched my nose to hers. "Of course Silverpaw. I know how hard it is to read everything someone else does. I also know that some people will use it for their own good."

I turned my attention to all of the mutants. Everyone of them could use it for their own good, especially Logan. He could use Silverpaw to tell how he had gotten his Adamantium. I would never allow that to happen though because I needed to protect Silverpaw since her father wasn't here anymore.

"Can we play now," begged Twistedpaw as he leaped for Silverpaw's paw.

Silverpaw raised her paw and leaped over her friends. "Of course!"

I turned to Logan and padded to the enclosure. "You better not even think about using her for your own good because if you do I will hold you down until your screech in pain!"