Pups Meet the X-Men

I rushed to the container once the black wolf (that I still don't know his name) left. I pressed my nose against the outside and Logan pressed his hand against it.

"Who are they," asked Rouge as she eyed the pups who had dragged Firepaw into a small ditch and tried to bury her in metal. It just led to their pads bleeding and then they strode over to the humans.

"These are pups that knew where you were," I explained. "They lost their pack."

Badgerpaw was the boldest one and he took a step forward. He dipped his head and his black and white stripped face shone. "I'm Badgerpaw."

Lingeringpaw rushed forward and licked her brother's ear. "I'm Lingeringpaw."

Skypaw suddenly flapped over Lingeringpaw. She dropped down but suddenly Lingeringpaw disappeared and then reappeared a few heartbeats later, on my other side.

"Mutant," gasped Magneto as his eyes gleamed.

"What," asked Skypaw as she lowered down and tilted her head. "What in the world is a mutant?"

"A creature with extra powers," I explained. "It happens with your chromosome."

I knew that the pups had no idea what a chromosome was but they pretended to know. "It also means that you have superpowers."

Nightpaw lowered herself beside Stonepaw, her body shaking in fear.

"Do you all have powers," asked Storm as she leaned forward. Runningpaw let out a growl and I grasped his scruff and was about to set him away but he suddenly rushed forward, extremely fast. He ducked back behind Riverpaw.

"I'd assume yes," I replied dryly. "What else can you do?"

No one answered me and I didn't blame them. I didn't tell my powers to the X-men right away.

"It's okay," assured the Professor. "You don't have to tell us."

Riverpaw dipped her head and turned to me. "Do we fight tomorrow?"

I nodded and planted myself on the edge of the container. I curled into a ball with my tail curled around my nose. "I suggest you get some rest. You'll need it."