How Much Longer Can This Battle Last?

I shot out a paw and smacked it against a Claw Wolf's muzzle. She fell against the ground, knocked out. I sprang for another and snapped it's neck. The wolf fell and my heart fluttered. We had to be getting close to finishing.

Triflud surged for Runningbreeze but he used his super speed to easily dodge him. He raced to my side and let out a snarl. Triflud turned around and surged toward me. I met him and our head's collided. I pushed him back and he staggered while I just shook my head to clear it and I was fine.

"How much longer can this last," complained Twistedpaw as he limped to me with blood oozing over his eyes and muzzle.

"I don't know," I confess as I lowered my head toward him and lick his blood away. "It can't last too much longer though."

"Enough," Triflud howled and I lifted my head. He strode toward us with a strange case propped on another Claw Wolf's back. I didn't know what it held but the sheer smell was enough to make my eyes water.

He suddenly opened the case and took out a vile. He shoved it into a needle and surged toward me. I ducked but he just managed to graze Twistedpaw's shoulder. He let out a yelp before his eyes began to droop. He staggered before falling.

"Twistedpaw," I yelped as I rushed to his side and nudged him. He seemed to be in a very deep sleep.

Suddenly I felt something being injected into me. I fell forward and the whole world went black.