Finishing the Battle Claws

Twistedpaw pounded and pounded until he finally had gotten the overall shape of a curved claw. It was strong and would slice anything that it came in contact with.

"Do you like it Silverpaw," he asked as he turned his one claw to Silverpaw. "It'll be mine so if it doesn't turn out okay it will be mine."

Silverpaw nodded and lifted what she was was working on. It was a lot of small glass pieces. She was carving them in the shape of her wings. "These will help flying and fighting in the air," she explained as she set one against of of her feathers. "My goal will be to throw these when I'm in flight so I don't' have to fight claw to claw."

Twistedpaw nodded at her idea. It seemed much more interesting than his boring battle claws that everyone had heard of. "That is very cool Silverpaw."

After that they both went back to their building in silence. They didn't want anything to break their concentration.

Suddenly Twistedpaw's foot flipped and it landed on the fire. He let out a curse word before holding his paw against his underbelly and rolling on his flank and cringing in pain.

Silverpaw's eyes widened as she rushed to his side and reached for his paw. He only clasped it tighter against his body and let out a moan.

"Just let me see it," she murmured gently. "I just want to look at it."

Twistedpaw's face showed his pain but he managed to thrust his paw forward for Silverpaw to look at. It was festering and beginning to swell painfully. Blood was beginning to ooze out and it was a pretty nasty burn. Silverpaw let out a sigh and stroked it once with her tongue.

Twistedpaw let out a screech and took his paws back. "I'm sorry," she gasped as her eyes shone in fear. "I just thought that it might help."

"It's okay," Twistedpaw managed to gasp after a few heartbeats. He managed to sit up and he turned over his pad. It looked awful and Silverpaw had to refrain from throwing up.

"Is looks painful," Silverpaw mumbled as she inclined her head to sniff it. It was certainly painful but Twistedpaw was trying to hide it.

Suddenly Silverpaw's crystal shot forward and touched itself to Twisedpaw's wound. Silverpaw got a full flash of Twistedpaw's flashback and she took a step back, her head shaking madly.

"So that's what they do," she muttered as she shook her head to clear it. Her ears were beginning to buzz.

Twistedpaw wasn't actually sure what had just happened, he was still holding his pad as tightly as ever. After a few heartbeats he shook his paw and set it against the cool metal that made his swelling go down just a bit.

He then licked the blood and raw flesh away before turning back to his flame. "I'm almost done. I can't stop now."