Riverpaw's Power

Riverpaw's mind flickered as she stood a top of the holding cell. She blinked her round, green eyes. She suddenly let out a howl that sounded as if a wolf had just snapped his neck and tried to wail.

I ducked a paw under my ear. Although that was nothing compared to what was coming.

"Riverpaw," crocked Stonepaw as he turned his head a bit and tried to peer at his friend.

Riverpaw suddenly took in big gulp of air and let out a lovely howl. However her 'mutant power' was that when she howled she made everyone around her lose hearing for a few heartbeats.

Riverpaw blinked her eyes in pride but realized that no one could hear. She leaped down and killed the Claw Wolf on Stonepaw. She let out another howl and Stonepaw shook his head to clear it.

"That was amazing," he breathed as his eyes shone.

Riverpaw played with her claws. "I can't control it yet though," she sighed. "When I'm older I might be able to target who I want to lose their hearing."

"Don't worry," assured Stonepaw. "One day you'll be able to control your howl. Anyway you saved my life and for that I am extremely grateful."

"Thanks," she sighed.

"I'll help you learn how to control your powers," assured Stonepaw. "As long as you help me find mine."