Breaking a pup's heart

"Watch this," howled Silverpup as she leaped over Twistedpup before rolling toward the end of the room. Suddenly a shadow looked and she rushed to her paws.

Wolves were thundering toward her. She let out a wail and rushed forward. Twistedpup saw the danger and let out a howl. The rest of up saw them and gasped. They were planning to crush it.

"Run! Run!" Runningbreeze yowled as he turned to the rest of us who weren't nearly as fast as he was.

Twistedpup and Silverpup were the slowest because they were at the end. Suddenly Silverpup's paw fell in a hole that Stonestep had made. She pulled and pushed but she couldn't get out. "Aba!" (Wolf Latin name for father)

Deadspirit gasped and turned around. He strode toward his daughter and grasped her scuff. She let out a cry when she saw the wolves begin to swarm around her and her father.

"I thought this was how it would end," chuckled Triflud as his eyes gleamed at them. "Killing as father and daughter. Two kills in one strike."

Deadspirit looked around. I suddenly leaped onto the mutant's cell. "What are you doing," hissed Logan as he thumped his fists against the top and shook me. "This is suicide!"

I wasn't listening to him though. He was the one who had gotten captured, not me and now he'd have to sit back and just watch as I did my thing.

"Deadspirit!"

Deadspirit turned his attention me before to his daughter. He suddenly turned his head sharply and threw Silverpup toward me. Triflud leaped for her but Deadspirit met him with claws pressing against his chest. He threw Triflud to the ground but the rest of the wolves leaped on him and you could hear his wails surging up toward the sky.

I thrust my tail over Silverpup's eyes so she wouldn't see her father being mauled but I wasn't sure if she was watching or not. Sobs were shaking her shoulders and I just wished to cease her pain.

Triflud suddenly turned to me with Deadspirit's blood dripping from his muzzle. "You're next," he sputtered as he spat blood onto the ground and squished it between his pads.

He suddenly bounded away but not before kicking Deadspirit. The rest of the wolves followed and I picked up Silverpup by the scruff. For once she didn't fight me.

I flew down and set her facing Thruster's den. She immediately turned and rushed to her father who no longer looked like a wolf let alone her father.

"Aba," she cried as she pushed her paws against his head. "Aba you need to get up."

I padded to her side. "He's dead Silverpup. You'll never see him or hear him or feel his pelt pressed against yours ever again."

"No," whimpered Silverpup as her eyes filled with tears. Her shoulders raised in protectiveness. "No!"

She suddenly bolted away. I was about to follow but Nightsecret flew in front of me. "I'll go after her."

I sat down with my tail curled around my paws. "It was not your time to die Deadspirit," I murmured as I lowered my head to graze his. "Silverpup wasn't ready for you to leave her. This will be very difficult for her and Twsitedpup is the only one that will make her feel better."