Ghost of Dagger

I felt claws prod my side. There was only one things that used dagger-like claws to try and wake me instead of shaking me.

I awoke with a jolt with my eyes shinning. "Dagger," I gasped as I touched my nose to his ear.

He let out a purr and I saw his brown pelt shimmering with stars. It choked my throat as I realized it was a symbol that he was dead. "How are you doing Stalright," he asked as he pushed his head against my chest.

I looked around and realized everyone else was sleeping. "What do you think. I really wish you were here," I sighed as my shoulder slumped.

Dagger licked my chin. "But I am here," he reminded me.

"I mean when your not dead," I told him firmly.

Dagger shook his head to clear it and I knew that I had hurt his feelings. I didn't mind though. I just told him how I truly felt. "Well I can still visit you when you sleep."

I curled back into a ball and my eyes shone. "Do you know if we make it though this battle?"

Dagger lowered and pressed against me with his back arched against my stomach. "I do but I'm not going to tell you. I'm not aloud," he replied.

I let out a growl. "And why not?"

"Because I'm not aloud to say anything that could change your future," Dagger answered before licking a paw and drawing it over his black ears.

I wanted to argue but I knew that I had to get some rest. I wanted to keep speaking to Dagger but I knew that he had to leave to. If I told Logan or anyone for that matter that I was talking to a dead cat I'm not sure they'd believe me. Worse they'd think I was fish-dead. (crazy)

"Alright," I murmur as I rested my head against Dagger's body. (He is a very small cat) "I won't press it."

"That's a first," chuckled Dagger as he licked my nose,

"Will you visit me tomorrow," I asked as snuggled closer to Dagger.

Dagger leaned toward my ear. "Of course I will. I'm your best friend Starlight and not only that. I'm also here to guide you."

"Thank you Dagger," I breathed as I began to drift. "I'm sorry I couldn't save you."

Dagger suddenly lashed his tail across my nose. "Don't be fish-bained! It wasn't your fault. Tony killed me, not you." He rasped his tongue between my ears. "Now I don't want you bringing this us again, got it?"

As much as I was in the mood to argue I didn't. I just curled back up and huddled Dagger close. I fell sound asleep with my best friend right beside me.