I Hate to Lose

"Ready," called Scott as he set himself up as goalie for Twistedpaw's team.

"Ready," called Mystique from our goal. She was a Claw Wolf now with her body ready to protect the goal.

I was on a offense with Runningbreeze. Magneto and Rouge were both mid felid with Logan and Riversong on defense. We had to protect our goal (or two stones)

I was facing off against Tony which was very strange. Tony had a small moss ball gripped in his claws. Thruster let out a howl, signaling for the game to start.

Tony passed the ball to Silverpaw and she took off. Runningbreeze darted in front of her with his super speed and took the ball. Silverpaw let out a growl and doubled back.

Nightsecret greeted Runningbreeze head on. When they collided the ball went flying, right into Jean's waiting grasp. She maneuvered around Logan and passed the ball to Tony. Tony tried to make it around Rouge but she was quicker and kicked the ball to me who then used my head (I can't use wings either) to pass it to Runningbreeze.

He kicked the ball as hard as he could and it just slipped over Scott's fingers and past the two stones. I let out a howl and Thruster let out a happy yip.

The game went on like that for a long time. The end score was 7-7. Not bad I suppose. We didn't want to tie but a tie is better than a loss in my opinion.

"That was the best," gasped Silverpaw as she collapsed on her back with her stomach heaving. This was a very exciting yet exhausting game.

"I agree," I pant as I tried to groom my dusty and ruffled fur. I looked as though I had been rolled in a dust pool.

"Can we play again sometime," asked Twistedpaw hopefully before yawning and curling beside Silverpaw.

I licked each of their ears before curling into a ball beside Thruster. "Maybe," I breathed. "When we get out of here."

"But then we go back to being enemies, right," Silverpaw pointed out.

My mind seemed to fizz. "I'm not sure anymore Silverpaw. I'm just not sure."