End Game

I paced in front of everyone, my paws scraping the ground.

"We have to leave and we have to do so soon. We are down to Mirage, Poultice, Mirra, Keen, Thruster, and myself. We have to escape or we will die like the rest of the pack," I told everyone, even the mutants who could do nothing.

All four pups were now full wolves of the X-Pack. That didn't mean that they had all of the experience that I would have liked them to but I couldn't wait any longer. No more drawing this out. It was going to happen.

I heard the door screech open and I turned my head. Triflud was down to about five members. We had finally fought through most of the ranks but not without cost. We had lost a lot of our friends and now I was going to fight with their offspring. I knew that they were dedicated and that was the main thing.

"Ready to end this," called Triflud and outside I heard thunder crashing around us. My fur spiked since I didn't know if it was Storm or natural causes.

"I've been ready," I yowled back as I lowered in a crouch with my shoulders braced, ready for a fight. I began to glide forward at a gentle pace with the rest of the pack following, their battle claws and enhancements clicking as they walked.

Triflud began to trot a bit and do did his back. I broke into a stride with my muscles rippling and my claws beginning to extend. We finally each broke into a bolt and I met Triflud head on.

Our bodies met and I reached out my claws to rake them down his face. I was showing no mercy today. One of us were going to die and it wasn't going to be me.

I threw him against the ground but he kicked his paws against my stomach. I leaped backwards and lowered over my stomach and growled. I shook off the pain before surging forward. I leaped forward and snapped my jaws around Triflud's ear.

He let out a cry and threw himself forward. I tore my teeth from his ear and I realized I had taken off half of his ear. I threw the shredded fur and skin away and I lowered back into a crouch with my fur bristling.

I bounded forward and thrust my hip into Triflud's haunch. He crumpled to the ground and I tried to hold him down but he thrust me over and held me down. He pressed his muzzle close to mine. "How long will it take a fish-brained wolf-heart like you to realize that you have no chance of survival."

"I will never," I panted as he began to press on my throat and it was beginning to become painful to breath. "I'm to keen to."

j

Triflud tilted his head in confusion. Suddenly Keen appeared using his inviability and reappearing ability to appear in front of Triflud's muzzle. He suddenly shot out a paw and clawed at Triflud's nose. The nose broke and blood oozed out and he took a step back, snarling and spitting.

Keen urged me to my paws and he bounded side by side toward Poultice and Mirage. They looked around in shock with Mirra and Thruster following. We pressed against each other and tried to protect each other as they wolves began to crowd around use and I snarled.

"When will you give up Starlight," asked Triflud as he hobbled forward. All I could see on his face was blood. Blood from his ear, neck, and nose.

"Never," I spat as I urged the younger behind me. "As long as you fight me I won't leave you be."

He narrowed his eyes. "Give up or I will make you." He jolted his paw forward and thrust his claw into my chest and took it out. I fell limp and my eyes closed.