Healer could be useful

"Starlight!"

I heard my name being called by Tony but I didn't even bother listening to it. I just kept bolting ahead. I then realized I had wings. I spread them and began flapping ahead as swiftly as I could.

I found a crevice and ducked into it. I pushed as close to myself as I could. Pain was still gnawing at my heart and I didn't know how to ease it.

I suddenly heard a growl. I turned backwards and saw a bright orange male wolf with bright green eyes. I let out a surprised yelp. "W-Who are you," I stammered.

He tilted his head. "I'm Thruster. Why are you in my den?"

"Den," I echoed. "You live here?"

He nodded and pushed his way toward me. "Yes I do. I was quite undisturbed until a few days ago," he explained as he puffed out his fur.

I took a step out of the crevice. "How do you eat?"

"Hunt," Thruster replied. "Prey used to come in here until that wolf arrived."

I knew that he was talking about Triflud. "So are you a lone wolf?"

He shook his head. "I'm a healer," he replied as he scraped his claws against the ground. "Healers aren't tolerated very well in packs."

I tilted my head. A healer could be useful to us. Also he had a den that I had just crawled into. Plus I could smell the herbs that came from his den.

"Would you consider being on our side?"

Thruster narrowed his eyes. "What's in it for me?"

"You can either join us or be killed by Triflud's pack," I pointed out as I lashed my tail. "It's your choice."

I started to stalk away and to my surprise he was at my side. His head was down and I knew that I would have to tell the others about Thruster.