Splitting up

I awoke the next morning to find Mirage and Keen bounding around the den. "You pups are alright," I yipped as I lowered my head and touched my nose to theirs in turn.

"Yeah," barked Poultice as he bounded toward me. He didn't smell sickly anymore and I was surprised at how fast the paste worked.

"How did you heal," gasped Thruster in shock.

"A paste that Starlight gave up," answered Mirage as he leaped onto Keen's back and thrust him to the ground.

Thruster turned to me but I shook my head. "I er don't remember what was in it."

Thruster didn't push me to my surprise. "So can we leave now," asked Scott as he pushed against the ground and played with a stick in his fingers.

"Where," I asked as I narrowed my eyes at him. "How in the world are we getting to New York from here."

"We're mutants," Thruster pointed out. "We'll find it out."

Tony suddenly shook his head and turned to Magneto. Mystique looked at Magneto and he began to inch toward the entrance. "Eric," asked Xavier. "Where are you going?"

"Leaving," Tony replied calmly.

I let out a hiss and I bolted forward. "After what we did to rescue you three you're just going to leave," I spat as my fur began to bristle.

Tony nodded and turned to Magneto. "We are grateful but we can't stay here. This isn't our lives."

They all left and I turned to Logan who I could tell was enraged at Magneto. The other pups understood what had just happened and they sat looking hollow as they left and rage filled me.

My father didn't even care what the wolves and I had done. Tony was even more of a wolf-heart than I had thought. Magneto and his brotherhood would always remember what had done for him but I doubt he would ever care or know how much it had cost it.