Help from a Friend

"Starlight. Starlight. Starlight, wake up!"

I blinked open my eyes and saw Dagger's muzzle thrust an inch from mine. I jolted up but felt my muscles wail against me. I lowered back down and groaned.

"You are pretty beat up," Dagger told me as he licked my fur. "Even if you heal quickly doesn't mean you still can't feel the pain."

"I know," I confess as I straightened and licked a paw. "But I do have blood to lose, my friends don't as I have already realized."

"Friend," Dagger echoed as his whiskers twitched. "Did the great Starlight just say that she had friends."

I lowered my head in embarrassment and Dagger licked my cheek. "I suppose I did. However most of my friends are dying right in front of me. I can't go on like this Dagger."

Dagger nodded. "I know you better than anyone Starlight, except for maybe Logan. You can take a lot and this battle you can take," he assured me as he began to stride forward.

I shook my head and bounded forward. He peered down and I realized that we were looking at Thruster. "You know what he wants, don't you?"

I nodded sadly. "He wants me to be his mate," I barked. I had feelings for him but, I wasn't the emotional type. I had no idea how to tell him how I felt, what I wanted.

"Correct. You can't keep pushing him away every time he tries to come close," he pointed out as he rose to his paws and purred as he arched his back against me.

I lowered my head and licked his cheek. I didn't want to tell him about the feelings that I had for him. I knew that a Wolvy and cat could never mate but I did have feelings for him. However they would always be love for a friend. He was like my brother and I could trust him with anything.

I liked Thruster in the way of a mate. I knew that he liked me that way too. (I mean we had spend how many rotations together in a close space.) I had to speak with him about it before either of us died!

"I know," I sighed as I lifted my head and watched him thrash in his sleep. "It's just hard for me to get close to anyone, especially one of the opposite gender."

"Toms," Dagger replied as he puffed out his tail. "You didn't seem to have any problems with me."

"Who could," I joked as I stretched out a paw and thrust him against the ground. It was fun to 'play' with Dagger since I could easily overpower him. I missed these times since whenever he died I still felt that there was a whole in my heart that no one could fill.

"Don't worry," assured Dagger as he looked into my eyes as he forced himself to his paws after I pinned him. "You will make it out of here. I promise."