Learning to Fly From a Claw Wolf

Twistedpup let out a howl as he darted for Silverpup. Silverpup leaped and brought her paws down on his head. Twistedpup let out a groan but it didn't really hurt him.

Silverpup leaped off of him and shook out her fur. "Come on Twistedpup, you have to do better than that."

Twistedpup rose to his paws and sighed. "I'm not as good as you Silverpup," he pointed out. "I mean your father trains you and all I had to train me was a nanny."

"Well what I really want to do is fly." she breathed as she stretched out her wings. She was ready to fly but that doesn't mean that she knew how to.

"I could teach you," offered Twistedpup hopefully. "It can't be that hard."

Silverpup tilted her head. "Your a Claw Wolf and I'm a Wolvy. You've never had to fly before," she teased as she cuffed her friend's ear.

"So," he shot back. "It can't be that hard. Just spread out your wings and flap."

Silverpup thought that what he said made sense for a heartbeat. She flapped her wings and lifted off the ground. She hovered for a heartbeat before falling and landed on her stomach.

"That was a real nice attempt," joked Scott as he turned to Jean and snickered.

"Leave her alone," growled Magneto which was the last person I thought would come to Silverpup's aid. "At least she's trying to do something productive."

Silverpup narrowed her eyes at Scott and turned back to Twistedpup. "Any other pointers?"

"How about you try just to push off the ground and spread out your wings and they will carry you for a bit," Tony told her.

A growl rolled in my throat. I knew what he was saying was true but I didn't need my wolf-hearted father winning over Silverpup's trust.

"Okay," murmured Silverpup as she wiggled her haunches before pushing off the ground. She spread her wings and they caught air. She glided for a bit before lowering down.

"That was the longest that you've ever been up," Logan pointed out and he looked a bit amused watching her. Only Logan would feel that way about a pup's major milestone.

"Yeah," Twistedpup added as he nudged her. "Now you just have to work on flying and not falling."

Silverpup thrust her tail against his muzzle. "It's called gliding!"

Twistedpup rolled his eyes and motioned to the top of the holding cell. "Try it from up there."

"There," she echoed as her voice was caught in her throat.

Twsitedpup nodded and nudged her haunch. "Just leap up there. I'll be right down here cheering you on."

She gulped before jumping up and inching toward the end of the holding cell. "Be careful," cried Rouge as she looked in in fear.

Silverpup spread her wings and took a running start before leaping off. Her wings didn't catch the wing and she plummeted toward the ground at a rapid speed.