Names Mean A Lot

"I got this one Runningbreeze," called Stonestep as he sunk his spine into a Claw Wolf's chest and threw him to Riversong. Riverson sunk her claws into the Claw Wolf's spine and threw him into the wall.

"Don't test me," she hissed. "Because you don't wan to hear me howl."

The wolf fell dead and she turned back to Stonestep. "Nice job."

"You too," he panted as he dug back into his hole and vanished deep into it with Riversong following. (She was the only wolf in our group that didn't mind the tunnels beside Stonestep)

"This one is coming to you Deadspirit," called Lingeringbadger as she flapped her wings and grasped a Claw Wolf in her paws before thrusting it down to Deadspirit's waiting grasp.

He sunk his teeth into the Claw Wolf's neck until he stopped thrashing. He spat out mouthfuls of blood and fur before turning back to Lingeringbadger and tilted his head. "Nice move. I wish I was a Wolvy and I could fly."

She let out a laugh. "But you hate heights."

He shrugged as another wolf thrust into him and he slammed his skull against the ground. "I'd get over it," he muttered through smacking his paws against another Claw Wolf's shoulder and making him stagger into my waiting fangs.

"You've been practicing," I commented as I threw the almost dead wolf to Runningbreeze. Runningbreeze snapped his neck and the wolf fell, bleeding at his paws. His eyes were gleaming and I realized this was the wolf that I had pinned and that had directed the moose toward Skypaw. He had obviously blamed this wolf for Skypaw's death.

"Of course," assured Deadspirit as he raised up his paw and Lingeringbadger flapped down and slapped her paw against his. "There isn't anything else to do at night."

I chuckled and extended my claws as I thrust them into a Claw Wolf's head and shoved him to the ground, crushing his skull under my weight. I tugged my claws out and smiled. "Good point. Maybe tonight I'll practice with you."

Deadspirit shook his head and collided his hind leg with a Claw Wolf's neck. "Are you trying to make me feel worse about myself," he teased.

"Of course not," I howled as I spread my wings and flew upward and struck a wolf who was clinging onto Lingeringbadger's leg. I thrust him against the earth and I heard the snap of the spine. "I promise I won't try and hurt you."

Deadspirit's eyes gleamed as he thrust a wolf' head into Stonestep's hole until he stopped breathing.

I don't know what it was about new names but it was certainly making a difference in our lives.