Like Mother Like Daughter

Silverpup giggled as she bolted around the room. Her paws were so tiny that you couldn't hear them making sounds against the ground (unless you were a wolf like me with super senses)

"Play with me," she chanted as she leaped into her father's shoulder.

"Maybe later," he murmured as he pressed against Stonestep. They were sharing stories about life outside of our jail. I was next to Nightsecret and Riversong while they groomed each other's pelt. Runningbreeze was by himself, muttering as usual.

Silverpup's head drooped. "But I want to play."

"How about you play pretend," suggested Thruster as he padded to my side and licked me between the ears. "That should keep you entertained for a bit until we're ready to play."

"Okay," she sighed as she bolted around the side and peered behind the mutant's holding cell. "Silverpup looks around, wondering where the enemy will strike next."

She leaped behind the cell but suddenly her head collided with something. She let out a grumbled as she sat back on her haunch and rubbed her head with her paw. When her eyes began to focus she saw a black wolf in front of her with blue eyes.

"Hi," she yipped as she sprang around the new pup who looked to be even younger than she was. "Who are you?"

The pup blinked his eyes. "I'm er-"

Silverpup lowered into a crouch and pushed him into the open. "I'm Silverpup, I'm a Wolvy."

The other pup's blue eyes gleamed. "I'm Twistedpup."

"Twistedpup," she echoed.

Twisted pup looked down. He knew that it wasn't' the pup about him that was twisted. It was his front right paw. It was twisted in toward his underbelly instead of forward.

"Er yeah. I think my full wolf name will be Twistedfoot," he joked.

Silverpup didn't say anything but her eyes were round as moons.

"Unless." He suddenly flicked his tail in front of Silverpups' eyes to try and break her from the trance. "My tail hooks. Then whoever names me will have to rethink."

Silverpup still didn't' say anything. She just tilted her head to get a better glance at his front paw.

Twsitedpup suddenly let out a sigh. "I knew that they'd stare at me!"

"I'm sorry," Silverpup apologized. "I didn't mean to stare. It's just that I've never had a friend my own age before."

Twistedpup let out a happy yip. "Neither have I. Maybe we could be friends."

Silverpup nodded. "I'm Silverpup again and I'm a Wolvy."

Twistedpup smiled. "I'm Twistedpup and I'm a Claw Wolf."

He leaped for her and the two pups rolled into the open. I heard them first but Deadspirit saw them. His eyes lit in rage and lumbered toward them.

"Hey," he snarled.

Silverpups gasped and leaped off of Twistedpup. She thrust her tail over her head and lowered in fear. She knew that she was going to get it from her father.

"Who are you," he snapped at Twistedpup.

"Twistedpup," Silverpup answered for him. "He's my new friend."

Deadspirit growled but I leaped upward. "Deadspirit, if you remember you were a Claw Wolf with them before you joined us." I reminded him.

"Yes," added Magneto although I did not need his help. "Loyalties can change. Just look at Mystique."

This was not the time for awkward situations although right now this was very awkward and I could feel the tension in the air and I could nearly gasp it in my claws, it was that thick.

"Okay," I mumbled once I couldn't take the silence anymore. "Silverpup just found a friend, there is nothing wrong with that."

Deadspirit let a growl roll in his throat. "I'm watching you," he threatened to Twistedpup before thundering toward Thruster's den. If that pup even as so much scratched his daughter he would end up regretting it!