Chapter 19 - Swallow your Pride.

Isaiah stormed into Carlos's home, grabbing Kayson's diaper bag and storming away from everyone. As Kayson dangled in his carrier, his friends gave him a weird look, walking a little behind him.

"'Saiah!" Carlos called out to him, shrugging his shoulders. "What's wrong, man?"

"Just take that nigga body and hide it somewhere." Isaiah snapped as he stormed down to his house. "I'm going the fuck home!"

Again, it was another one of Isaiah's temper tantrums. I sighed and walked after him, making my way home too. 5 minutes later, I walked inside of the house and seen Isaiah sitting angrily on the couch. The fact that he just murdered someone and walked home fascinated me. He'd done it so much that it didn't even move him anymore. He sat angrily on the couch, not giving me any eye contact.

"Isaiah, listen man." I groaned as I shut the door, trying to comfort him. "You gotta learn how t-"

"It's like I can't ever do shit right!" Isaiah barked as he took the remote and threw it across the room. "Damn! All i'm trying to do is be nice to the fucking girl and she won't even fucking talk to me! What the hell else does she want me to do?!"

"Isaiah, she's scared of you!" I said out loud. "I mean, who wouldn't be?"

Isaiah slowly turned his head to me, giving me a vile look.

"The hell you mean 'who wouldn't be?', Josh?" Isaiah snarled. "You supposed to be on MY side!"

"Isaiah, how many times to I have to tell you that everything outside of Schaefer ain't like the Schaefer projects?" I snarled back at him in a frustrated tone. "She just watched you blow a nigga's brains out!"

"That don't mean that i'ma kill her, though!" Isaiah barked as he took Kayson out of his carrier, placing him on the couch. "Damn!"

"She don't know that!" I snapped back. "She ain't never seen a man murdered before until today? Imagine how terrified she is, Isaiah! She probably think that you gone do that shit to her!"

Isaiah bowed his head, clenching his jaw while looking up at the wall.

"I just need to call it quits." Isaiah said, shaking his head. "It obviously ain't gone work."

"Nah. Hell no." I said after him, shaking my head and giving him a stern look. "As your cousin, you already know that i'm not going to let you quit."

"What the hell am I supposed to do, then?" Isaiah scoffed as he gave me a sarcastic look. "She just seen me kill a nigga. It ain't no way she gone ATTEMPT to know me now that she done seen some shit like that."

"You gone buy her some roses, show up at her door, and ask her on a date." I smiled.

Isaiah tilted his head back and started laughing extremely hard at my comment, wiping tears from his eyes and shaking his head.

"The fuck I look like, nigga? The bachelor?" Isaiah laughed as he gave me a "yeah right" look. "I ain't doing that shit. This ain't no fairytale movie, cus."

"It'll sway her over." I smiled, nodding my head. "I promise that it will."

"Nah." Isaiah grinned as he looked away. "I'll pass."

"Alright. Suit yourself. I tried to help you." I shrugged, smiling at him as I made my way upstairs. "I'm about to go hop in the shower."

By the way Isaiah was grinning, I could tell that he wasn't used to being "corny" to win a girl over. He was used to using slang or some other ignorant shit to win other girls over. It's what he did with Taylor to win her over as well. However, if Isaiah wasn't willing to step outside of his comfort zone, he wasn't going to win Taylor over.