Chapter 60 - Twinnin'.

Tyler's father couldn't believe it. Tyler had everything she wanted. A luxurious house, all the clothes she could ask for, a close family, everything. Why now? What made her want to leave? Of course, her father knew the answer.

"This is about that boy, isn't it?" Her father asked.

Tyler didn't say anything. She continued to give him the same serious demeanor as he glanced back down at the ground.

"I don't understand why you want to go with him...." Her father sighed. "Even knowing his ways."

"He ain't as demonic as you're making him out to be, dad." Tyler sighed. "He isn't THAT bad..."

"He's raped you and held all of us at gunpoint, Tyler." Her father growled. "What else does he has to do to convince you? Kill a child?"

That was an ironic and bold statement considering the fact that Isaiah has done that before. On the other hand, Tyler's father was feeling a little bit more vulnerable.

"You're a grown enough woman now and your old enough to make your own decisions." Tyler's father nodded. "So, you can go ahead."

"Really dad?" Tyler cheesed.

"Yes. Just make sure that you say goodbye to your sister." He sighed. "I'll pay to have all of your clothes shipped down there. You'll have to stay with your mother since you want to afford your own apartment."

Tyler had no intentions on staying with her mom. She wanted to stay with Isaiah. To avoid conflict, Tyler cheesed and hugged her father.

"Thanks, daddy." Tyler smiled as she kissed him on the cheek. "I'll make sure that I visit you every now and then."

"If that boy hurts you in any way, shape, or form, I'm kicking his ass." Tyler's father said in a strict tone. "I'm serious."

"Oh my god...." Tyler groaned as she made her way upstairs to pack a temporary bag. "Goodbye, daddy."

That idea of Tyler going with Isaiah was the perfect example of a spoiled little brat. I mean, I thought that that was the dumbest shit in the world. Why in the hell would you leave everything you have just to trail your way back to Cali? Nothing was going on there and rappers did absolutely nothing but hyped up how dope it was when in reality it ain't nothing but the slums. Not only that, but her and Isaiah have only been together for a few months. This move was entirely too soon, but whatever. I had no say in anything. That was their life and their choices.

And speaking of choices, I was drifting away in college. With all the shit going on with Noah, Aunt Shay, Damon, and Isaiah, my mind wasn't nowhere near as sharp as it was when I first started. I used to spend all of my nights making sure that I knew how to so each and every one of my essays properly. Now I would just turn in what I felt was good after spending less than an hour writing an assignment. Apart of this branched from the fact that I would bust my ass only to receive a nothing higher than a C, so I still had a chip on my shoulder about that.

"I'm going to need to speak with you after class, Josh." Mr. Umlauf said as he placed my test down onto my desk.

I'd received a 39% on my 100 point test. This meant that I got 61 questions wrong. I chewed obnoxiously on my bubble gum and twirled it on my fingers, staring off and zoning out what my professor was talking about.

I was growing careless.

After the bell rang to let classes out, I stopped at Mr. Umlauf's desk to see what he wanted. Not that I cared. All I was worried about was grabbing some grub at the nearest Coney Island, eating, and crashing afterwards. After he stopped typing, he turned to me and shook his head.