Chapter Nineteen: Somewhere In New York

Danielle: Somewhere in New York

New York, I’ve been living here for a little over six months and I love it. I’m on the subway, heading home, today is my day off. I went to a small clothes shop that I love. I have my iPod on. When I reach my stop, I get off and I walk out if the subway tunnel. At the beginning I was a bit homesick. But I realize that New York is a bit like London. Busy, cold and lovely. I have my own flat that I share with two other girls that know from London, they’re my friends. I unlock the door to my flat or apartment as they call it here. I lay my purse on the entre table and slip out of my shoes. I pad to the Telly and turn it on. Then I go to the kitchen and make myself some tea. I have the Telly on to the Today show and as I make my way to the TV, I hear the lady say that One Direction is coming one. I sit down immediately, I watch as Harry, Zayn, Louis, Niall and Liam walk out. They all look great, but Liam, he looks like a man. He looks fit and he has a bit of facial hair which makes him look more manly than boyish.  I can’t take my eyes of him, and I feel this pang of longing and loneliness. I haven’t dated since I got here, mostly because I compare them all to Liam.

“Welcome back, how are you?” ask the lady.

“We’re doing great, thank you.” Says Harry.

“How are you?” asks Niall. I smile, Niall always being caring.

“Very good, thanks Niall. So I hear you released your new single and it’s hit a billion views in 24 hours, is that right?”

“Yeah, that’s right.” Says Louis.

“And it’s called “Leaving.” Right?” she asks them. They all nod.

“Right again.” Says Zayn.

“I hear you wrote this song by yourself, is that so Liam?” she asks me. Liam nods. I always knew he was a great writer.

“Yeah, a very close friend of mine told me to write and out came this song.” He says and my mouth drops, is he talking about Camilla?

“Yeah, and when he showed it to us, we were like, we need to release this song to the public.” Says Harry.

“If I am correct, that close friend you’re talking about is Camilla Rojas, child hood friend, right?”

“Yeah, that would be her.” Liam smiles at the mention of Cam and I am in shock. Is she on tour with them?

“And she’s currently on tour with you, right?” she asks.

“Yes, and we love having her with us!” exclaims Niall and the audience laughs.

“Why is that?” she asks them.

“What do you mean? We have clean clothes, home cooked food, our sheets are clean, and she keeps us sane.” Says Niall. The lady laughs.

“I don’t think she’d be too pleased to know those are the only reasons.”

“Not just those, she’s very good company.” Says Zayn.

“And she’s funny and loving.” Says Harry.

“And Cam reminds us of home. She’s a very good listener, honest and just great person.” Says Liam and my heart sinks for some odd reason.

“She sounds amazing. I’ve seen pictures of her with you lads, and can I just say she is beautiful.” Says the lady.

“Yeah, she is. Have you seen her hair?” asks Niall and they all laugh.

“I have seen her hair. It is very gorgeous.” Says the lady. “Why is Camilla on tour with you?”